The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

essex or stirling? (politics/international politics)

i got an unconditional offer from essex and stirling. these two uni seem to match up pretty well by the looks of thinks but honestly im not sure which to pick.
(and on a side note, if i get an offer from royal holloway, should i pick that over the preferred uni above?)

thankyou :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #1
i got an unconditional offer from essex and stirling. these two uni seem to match up pretty well by the looks of thinks but honestly im not sure which to pick.
(and on a side note, if i get an offer from royal holloway, should i pick that over the preferred uni above?)

congrats on your unconditional offers, that's fantastic! 🎉🎓

Have you visited for an open day or offer holder day yet? I found that really helped to solidify my choice was to visit the campus, as it's got to be somewhere you want to live for the next few years.

We had an offer holder day last weekend, and our next one in Colchester is the 9th March. Check out your other choices as well if you haven't already.

Essex offers a travel bursary reimbursement of up to £150 towards travel costs for you (including one guest) towards mileage, parking, train or bus fare, even flights! ✈️🚇🚌

Best wishes,
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Hi there,

It’s great to hear you’re considering studying with us!

Our campus is one of the most beautiful in the world with numerous teaching and study spaces, bars and cafés, high-quality accommodation, and sports facilities. Visit our campus and get a real feel for student life at one of our Open Days before you start your studies with us. You can find out more information on this page: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/student-life/visit-royal-holloway/open-days/

Get answers to the questions that matter to you by chatting with our students and staff! You can chat to a current Politics and International Relations student to find out what life is really like at Royal Holloway: www.royalholloway.ac.uk/chat and sign up for more information about us here: https://royalholloway.ac.uk/studying-here/sign-up-for-more-information/

I hope you find the above useful!

Best wishes,
Royal Holloway, University of London Rep
Original post by Anonymous #1

That's quite a difference geographically. Does that impact your decision?

Essex used to have a good reputation for politics/government in Anthony King's day - is that still th case?

Quick Reply

Latest