The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Anyone else try Keele through clearing?

Scroll to see replies

Lamzy
I GOT IN GUYS! I dont know if my letter is posted or what but I put it on UCAS newyzz..and besides the post in my area is extremely slow....I seriously doubt they're rejecting people anyways x

Hey well done ! Hope we all receive the same kind of news. How did you find out ? U called in ? What course were you applying for ?
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 61
Thanks, I didn't call in, i put it in track cupla days ago..and this morning it said accepted..
Reply 62
This is getting beyond a joke now. They just told methey haven't made a decision yet and i should ring tommorow. TOMMOROW!! I'm tempted to do what Lamzy has done and put it on my track to force them to accept me! lol
I think that might be an idea... hm.... Well done Lamzy!!

Feeling a bit sick with anxiety now! :frown:
i think i might just put it in track. x x
Reply 64
LOOOL hahhaha....i only did it coz i know the delivery on post here is beyond a joke...Thanks adelepops :smile:
I wonder if i should refer myself through track... I called them on Thursday though pretty much as soon as the clearing line opened. I got through about a minute after 9. But then i was there at 8.50am pressing redial till the lines opened.. lol. Hmm.. :frown: I can't imagine applying twice will help my case really! :frown: I havent really got great qualifications, I did a BTEC in Performing Arts and i'm hoping to get into music. I got a triple distiction, the highest grade but its only worth 260 points. :frown: ARGHH!!! I really hate the waiting. I am glad for these forums, misery loves company! x x

Hang in there Dappaman x x
Lamzy we hope to join u in ur victory soon!! x x
Reply 66
I've done it, its in track.
Dappaman
I've done it, its in track.

What have u applied for and what grades did u get if ya dont mind me asking? x
Good luck Dappaman. i cnt put it in track until they confirm it coz im holding an offer frm Salford just incase i dnt get in. so if i put it in track theyl be able to see tht am already committed to another uni so will take my place away.
Reply 69
adelepops
What have u applied for and what grades did u get if ya dont mind me asking? x

I applied for biomedical science and have BCC(e) so i think thats 280 points.
ah cool. Fingers crossed x x
Dappaman
I applied for biomedical science and have BCC(e) so i think thats 280 points.

Clearing 2010

Keele has a few remaining vacancies. Please phone for details of the Dual Honours combinations available on 01782 733000.

There is limited availability in other areas including Law, Criminology and Politics. Please note there are no vacancies remaining in Medicine, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Biomedical Science.

:frown:
Reply 72
:frown: ! Thought that meant, vacancies in terms of clearing applicants. But that wouldn't make sense. Theres always next year i guess.
Dappaman
:frown: ! Thought that meant, vacancies in terms of clearing applicants. But that wouldn't make sense. Theres always next year i guess.

That might mean all clearing places have been allocated, but recipients may not have been informed yet. Wait to hear from them before you take off on a gap year to Timbuctoo. Or the like! x
Reply 74
Well i dunno really, cos that message has been there a while. For a couple of days. When i saw it i didn't take much notice.
Reply 75
Was just told i havent been accepted. Oh well, Good luck to everyone else. I hope you guys get in!
Still no letter this morning. :frown:

Just rang them and they said I am still being considered. Not feeling good about it. :frown:

Sorry to hear that Dappaman, are you applying elsewhere? :frown: x
Sowi 2 hear tht dappaman. M still effin being considered
Reply 78
I'm just leaving keele now from open day, they said I'm still in consideration, when have they said yous will hear? I'm starting to get worried about sorting everything in time, especially accommodation
Reply 79
adelepops
Still no letter this morning. :frown:

Just rang them and they said I am still being considered. Not feeling good about it. :frown:

Sorry to hear that Dappaman, are you applying elsewhere? :frown: x

No im just going to take a gap year and Aim to get into Leeds next year :smile:

In fact i dont feel nearly as bad as i thought i would. Atleast now I know what I can aim towards. Its just the not knowing that was killing me really.

Once again good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest