The Student Room Group

Is pharmacy ever in clearing?

Basically the title ^ above
Reply 1
I haven’t heard about it myself but it is worth trying on results day. If you already have results you can apply earlier, there may be a greater chance to get in this way. Good luck!
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
Basically the title ^ above

Yes, many of the newer schools of pharmacy will probably be in Clearing, if you aren't too fussy where you go to study.
I reckon a third to a half, going on past years, so perhaps 10 to 15 of them.

N.B. (Someone did mention this year might be slightly different due to a backlog of applicants, and gap years after Covid, so harder to predict.)
Original post by mrlittlebigman
Yes, many of the newer schools of pharmacy will probably be in Clearing, if you aren't too fussy where you go to study.
I reckon a third to a half, going on past years, so perhaps 10 to 15 of them.

N.B. (Someone did mention this year might be slightly different due to a backlog of applicants, and gap years after Covid, so harder to predict.)

Okay thanks!
but can u plz tell me which unis are usually in clearing for pharmacy ?? Because I can’t find it on the internet when I search
This year there has been a rise in Pharmacy application numbers - up to 45% at some top Unis.
This means there are likely to be fewer places in Clearing - but many of the lower grade Unis may still have vacancies in Extra or in Clearing.

All you can do is work your socks off, get the best grades possible, and see what happens.

Remember that you can take a gap year, get a relevant job, and apply next year with achieved grades.
And btw, it doesnt actually matter which Uni you go to - all Pharm degrees are accredited as equal, and the NHS wont care where you qualified.
King's I've heard smoetimes goes into clearing but idk.
Reply 6
I remember keele and Wolverhampton in clearing for pharmacy, last year. Good luck, sign up to updates too!

Original post by Alevelhelp.1
Okay thanks!
but can u plz tell me which unis are usually in clearing for pharmacy ?? Because I can’t find it on the internet when I search
Reply 7
I'm at DMU Pharmacy and went through clearing in a bit of a panic and got accepted after a short phone call. Both normal courses and foundation year courses were available through clearing when I applied. Not sure if Pharmacy is for me anymore though. Regardless, I wish you luck with applying!!
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by notcodex
I'm at DMU Pharmacy and went through clearing in a bit of a panic and got accepted after a short phone call. Both normal courses and foundation year courses were available through clearing when I applied. Not sure if Pharmacy is for me anymore though. Regardless, I wish you luck with applying!!

Hi, do you remember if Aston was in clearing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending