The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Oakley Court?

I've been made an accomodation offer for Oakley Court.
Bit gutted since it wasn't one of my choices but never mind :smile:
Anyone have any experience of living in Oakley or know what it's like?
And is there anyone else staying in Oakley this year? I've been offered flat 15.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm in Oakley next year! Flat 18!

From what I've seen Oakley is actually pretty good. I think (and I'm pretty sure i saw this on the accommodation viewing day) we all get individual refrigerators in our rooms! No rooms on the Vale have this! And also it's closer to the uni than the Vale so that means less walking :wink:

And the whole Prittchats Park Village has its own bar and leisure area so its not that secluded either and the Vale is just up the road anyway!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Jules65
I'm in Oakley next year! Flat 18!

From what I've seen Oakley is actually pretty good. I think (and I'm pretty sure i saw this on the accommodation viewing day) we all get individual refrigerators in our rooms! No rooms on the Vale have this! And also it's closer to the uni than the Vale so that means less walking :wink:

And the whole Prittchats Park Village has its own bar and leisure area so its not that secluded either and the Vale is just up the road anyway!

Ah thanks for replying. It actually sounds quite good there then! I didn't see it on the open day so I was really only considering the ones I had seen and the ones that looked nice in the booklet.
:smile:
Hiya, I've been offered Flat 12! Wasn't my first choice either, so I'm trying to find out as much about it as I can. Anyone know if there's still a good social scene there, or is it a lot more quiet than the Vale?

x
Oakley Court was my second choice, and I got it.
Flat 7, Room 9

I loved it, it's pretty close to Uni as well, and a stones throw from Harborne High St :smile:
Reply 5
hey guys, I've been offered a room in Flat 11 in Oakley court for next year, wasn't my first choice but doesn't sound too bad. I only hope its not quiet but there's a bar and pool table so I guess people must use them.
Reply 6
oakley court was my first choice and i got it :smile: im in flat 14.
Reply 7
Hey, I'll be in Flat 15 :smile:
Oakley was my third choice, so I don't know much about it yet, but it sounds alright so far!
Reply 8
Owlish
Hey, I'll be in Flat 15 :smile:
Oakley was my third choice, so I don't know much about it yet, but it sounds alright so far!

Yay someone in the same flat as me!
I wasn't too sure about it at first but from what people have said Oakley sounds quite nice :biggrin:
Reply 9
jakethomas991
Oakley Court was my second choice, and I got it.
Flat 7, Room 9

I loved it, it's pretty close to Uni as well, and a stones throw from Harborne High St :smile:

You've got my old flat. Third Floor left building, it's one of the smaller ones - 10 people (5 either side of kitchen).

Oakley was awesome last year, really lively with the way everything opens out onto the main grassy square. The bar's useful for football and predrinks too, £1.50 a pint.
Reply 10
Flat 9 Room 4 :smile:
Anyone know how many rooms are in flat 9? Can't wait to meet everyone :smile:
Reply 11
Flat 13 Room 8!

Was my first choice and can't wait!
Reply 12
Im there too wasnt one of my choices either but looks good :smile: flat 5 room 8!
are yours all single sex aswell? i didnt put a preference but looks like im in an all girl flat
Reply 13
Lennybubs
Im there too wasnt one of my choices either but looks good :smile: flat 5 room 8!
are yours all single sex aswell? i didnt put a preference but looks like im in an all girl flat

Yeh i didn't put a preference but i ended up in an all male flat
Reply 14
jk1986
You've got my old flat. Third Floor left building, it's one of the smaller ones - 10 people (5 either side of kitchen).

Oakley was awesome last year, really lively with the way everything opens out onto the main grassy square. The bar's useful for football and predrinks too, £1.50 a pint.

£1.50 a pint im a happy girl :smile:
Reply 15
kathx1
Yay someone in the same flat as me!
I wasn't too sure about it at first but from what people have said Oakley sounds quite nice :biggrin:

Hey I'm in flat 15 too :smile:
Reply 16
Sian92
Hey I'm in flat 15 too :smile:

Whoop! 3 of us already :smile: I'm in room 2 I think, what about you guys?
Reply 17
Im in room 5! :smile: How many of us do you think there are in our flat?
Reply 18
I'm not sure, trying to find out online...
Have you got a duplex room too?
jk1986

Someone else has told me Flat 7 is on the Ground Floor?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending