The Student Room Group

Emmanuel College Cambridge Accommodation

Hoping to reach any current or previous students from Emmanuel College:
Do you have any tips on choosing accommodation for first year? I can afford grades 2-4, and have had a look at the pictures online, but thought it might be good to hear recommendations from people who have actually lived in the accommodation.
Many thanks :smile:
Reply 1
You could go for grade 2, and save money, but obviously grade 4 would be more spacious and perhaps with better views. :s-smilie:

Here are the rent levels: There is not much difference, so I would say go for grade 4 if you can afford it!!! :biggrin: lol

https://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduates/accommodation/rents/

Emmanuel College, is the only College in Cambridge University, to have a free laundry service!!! :smile: You simply drop off your washing once a week and come back to pick it up in a couple of days.

https://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduates/accommodation/
Reply 2
Original post by thegeek888
You could go for grade 2, and save money, but obviously grade 4 would be more spacious and perhaps with better views. :s-smilie:

Here are the rent levels: There is not much difference, so I would say go for grade 4 if you can afford it!!! :biggrin: lol

https://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduates/accommodation/rents/

Emmanuel College, is the only College in Cambridge University, to have a free laundry service!!! :smile: You simply drop off your washing once a week and come back to pick it up in a couple of days.

https://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduates/accommodation/

That's brilliant about the laundry :biggrin: thanks so much for sending the links, I will have a look now!
In terms of North or South court, have you been to either? What would you say are the pros and cons of each?
Thank you again for the help!
Reply 3
South Court looks like an 'ideal' choice.

This is South Court Grade 2. South Court (Grade 2) 2.jpgSouth Court (Grade 2) 3.jpgSouth Court (Grade 2).jpg
Reply 4
South Court (Grade 3) 2.jpgSouth Court (Grade 3) 3.jpgSouth Court (Grade 3).jpgSouth Court (Grade 3) 4.jpgThis is a decent room size for South Court Grade 3. :smile:
Reply 5
South Court (Grade 6).jpgSouth Court (Grade 6) 2.jpgSouth Court Grade 6 is not that much larger than Grade 2. :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
That's brilliant about the laundry :biggrin: thanks so much for sending the links, I will have a look now!
In terms of North or South court, have you been to either? What would you say are the pros and cons of each?
Thank you again for the help!

Which subject have you got an offer for at Emmanuel College? :smile: I would go for South Court Grade 2 room. Because the Grade 6 room is not much larger, it is just slightly more wide.

I have not visited Emmanuel College, Cambridge University, but it is on my shortlist alongside Gonville & Caius and especially Trinity College, Cambridge University,

The fact Trinity College, Cambridge University has 16 places a year for Law is very appealing, also I will be a mature student and want to be in a large group of fellow Law undergraduates. :wink:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by thegeek888
Which subject have you got an offer for at Emmanuel College? :smile: I would go for South Court Grade 2 room. Because the Grade 6 room is not much larger, it is just slightly more wide.

I have not visited Emmanuel College, Cambridge University, but it is on my shortlist alongside Gonville & Caius and especially Trinity College, Cambridge University,

The fact Trinity College, Cambridge University has 16 places a year for Law is very appealing, also I will be a mature student and want to be in a large group of fellow Law undergraduates. :wink:

Wow you have been brilliant help! I see what you mean about the similar sized rooms - with my own decoration, there wouldn't be much of a difference. My offer is for natural sciences.
Definitely give Emmanuel a visit. Though I didn't get to see the accommodation rooms, the gardens are beautiful - there is a big pond with ducks, lots of flowers, old trees, and some friendly fish in one of the courts. The hall is also very pretty. I haven't visited Trinity or Caius but they both look amazing too!
Best of luck with your application :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending