The Student Room Group

Retake A2 OCR Chemistry exams?

Hello! I got a CCD in my A Level (Biology, Psychology and Chemistry). My A2 Chemistry papers was a U and an E. I got in into university, with my first choice to do Biomedical Science, and I'm hoping to get into postgraduate medicine.

Would my A Level grade really matter for postgraduate medicine? I'm not sure on what to do, my teachers told me to move on and just forget about the A Levels as I have got in into my firm choice anyway. Should I retake my Chemistry exams which I got a D overall?
Reply 1
Typical criteria for graduate entry into medicine include minimum 2:1 honours degree with good academic references, relevant personal qualities and skills, evidence of motivation, knowledge of important issues in medicine and an understanding of the demands of the course.

However, Medicine at graduate level has become very competitive therefore it is best if you improve your chemistry grade to at least a C.
Reply 2
Thank you. I didn't improve my Chemistry in the end, but have got a 2:1 for the first year in uni doing Biomedical Science. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending