Define low. Not saying I know but low is objective
Reply 2
brunel BBC...
kingston 200-280 points....biolodgy D
westminster -CCD -CC from 2 science subjects
How low are you speaking?
Hertfordshire 240 points, which is equivalent to CCC
i got reading for medical microbiology for bcc and its a very similar course
if not, the nottingham trent, kingston, surrey and essex are always very attainable
basicly my choices :smile:
Reply 6
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
How low are you speaking?

BBB -CCD

i want to make sure i get offers

Also if i go to a lower ranking uni, will i be able to work in the city/graduate route to med?
Reply 7
OP what are your predicted grades?

Lets say for example you are predicted BBC
Go for a mix like:
1 x ABB
1 x BBB
2 x BBC
1 x BCC or CCC as a backup

Also if i go to a lower ranking uni, will i be able to work in the city/graduate route to med?

That question stinks of "I want a well paying job and I don't care what I do." In the city much harder without further courses at a more prestigious uni. Medicine - do you really want to or just think it sounds good?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
js374
OP what are your predicted grades?

Lets say for example you are predicted BBC
Go for a mix like:
1 x ABB
1 x BBB
2 x BBC
1 x BCC or CCC as a backup

That question stinks of "I want a well paying job and I don't care what I do." In the city much harder without further courses at a more prestigious uni. Medicine - do you really want to or just think it sounds good?

AB?

i want to be a consultant :smile:

what if i get a first (thnking too far ahead lol)
Reply 9
Deyn_08
AB?

i want to be a consultant :smile:

what if i get a first (thnking too far ahead lol)

If you get a first in an accredited course then you have a good chance of getting into most unis for a masters. Grad med is very competitive so is tricky but definitely possible.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
js374
If you get a first in an accredited course then you have a good chance of getting into most unis for a masters. Grad med is very competitive so is tricky but definitely possible.

Most Russell Group and red brick universities that offer Biomedical Science, are not accredited.
Reply 11
princes
Most Russell Group and red brick universities that offer Biomedical Science, are not accredited.

Really? I stand corrected.
Reply 12
js374
Really? I stand corrected.

Biomedical Science = not accredited
Biomedical Sciences = accredited

... generally.
Reply 13
princes
Biomedical Science = not accredited
Biomedical Sciences = accredited

... generally.

Wow. Just had a look on UCAS. Of the 229 Biomedical Science courses, only 26 are professionally accredited. Do you know why they are so few and far between?
Reply 14
js374
Wow. Just had a look on UCAS. Of the 229 Biomedical Science courses, only 26 are professionally accredited. Do you know why they are so few and far between?

Depends on the instituion whether they wish to be accredited or not. Accredited courses tend to be more lab based, whereas the russell group unis such as KCL, Sheffield, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle etc that aren't focus more on research.
Reply 15
accredited also mean you can work in an NHS lab straight away as you are a registered scientist. not accredited means you have to do top up courses and then apply for registration as a biomedical scientist.

Latest

Trending

Trending