The Student Room Group

courses similar to biomedical science

i'd like to study at glasgow uni and i want to study biomedical science but they don't have it as an undergrad dgree. the most similar ones i have found are microbiology, immunology, mollecular & cellular biology, and human biology. i would probably do one of those then a masters in biomed.

if anyone knows which is most similar to a biomedical sciences degree that would be great
thank you :smile:
An undergraduate degree is going to take 3 years of your life and probably cost about £50,000. Why would you do one that you don't want?
Reply 2
Original post by emmajsc
i'd like to study at glasgow uni and i want to study biomedical science but they don't have it as an undergrad dgree. the most similar ones i have found are microbiology, immunology, mollecular & cellular biology, and human biology. i would probably do one of those then a masters in biomed.

if anyone knows which is most similar to a biomedical sciences degree that would be great

You would do modules of all of these in a Biomedical Science degree so really none of them are more similar than others.

Are you tied to Glasgow for some reason because I wouldn't make a career decision based on your favourite uni, if you want to do Biomedical Science then apply somewhere that offers a Biomedical Science degree.
Original post by emmajsc

Hey @emmajsc

As mentioned above, these are all things that may be touched upon in a biomedical science degree. If you have your heart set on Glasgow and can't see yourself at university anywhere else I'd recommend carefully looking through the core and optional modules for each degree and seeing which one appeals more to what you want to learn.

Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending