The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Anyone going to the Maths/Maths and Economics open day 16th March?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by zoooey
anyone else waiting on law atm? I applied for the oxford deadline... still waiting...
Reckon I'm on a 'reserve' list or something? Surely they would have rejected me by now... :/ ?

Anyone else in this position?

Yep! Same position! Hoping this is a reserve list! What grades have you got?
Anyone else waiting/received replies for Economics, Politics and International Studies (LLD2)? They are taking excruciatingly long.I have been waiting for a reply for 4 months already! COME ON WARWICK! :frown:

P.S. If anyone has received one, what has been the offer and your prediction? :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1983
Original post by Focus08
Yeah boi

Firm? :P

See the sig. :colone:
Do you guys know if unis reply on weekends?
Reply 1985
Original post by Vekeh
Oh, I'm not retaking. I really really thought I was gonna fail, but I didn't :colondollar: I'm just gap-yearing and it's going pretty good! I'm waaaay happier with the offers I have this year compared to last year and I get to read a load :biggrin: I think I'm going travelling in a couple months too, so yeah, it's gooood!

I wish I could take a gap year, but I would look really foolish by willingly setting myself up to pay £7000-£9000 a year for uni!
Hi everyone, my name is Kan Tat and I'm from Hong Kong, China. I'm new to TSR.

Below is what I applied to followed by Warwick's decisions:

Politics with International Studies: Conditional Offer of IB 36/45 Points
Philosophy, Politics and Economics: Conditional Offer of IB 38/45 Points and 5/7 in Math (I take Mathematical Studies SL)

I'm still waiting for two decisions from LSE (International Relations/Government), but I'll probably take Warwick PPE as my firm and Warwick Politics with International Studies as my insurance. Unfortunately, my application for Oxford PPE was unsuccessful.

The campus seems really nice and I really look forward to attending Warwick University next year. I understand that Coventry is a pleasant small town and the University is a campus university. However, I come from a very urban area and have never lived away from a big city. So in regards to this, may someone tell me a little more about Warwick and whether it's hard to adjust? All advice would be greatly appreciated!

In addition, please feel free to ask about my UCAS application if you are interested or need advice!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Mirza01
Offer for English Literature!

Zomagoodness! Congrats! :biggrin:
Offer for English Lit :smile: yaaaaay
Reply 1989
Original post by bagfullofgod
Offer for English Lit :smile: yaaaaay

CONGRATSS!! :smile:
Good start to the weekend! Did you get your offer today? xx
Original post by clarj018
CONGRATSS!! :smile:
Good start to the weekend! Did you get your offer today? xx

Thank youuu, no I got the e-mail on Thursday evening :smile: xx
Original post by amanda.l.k.
hey sorry, must seem random since u posted this message a while ago but i was skimming through the thread to see if anyone posted about this course.. i also applied for it and am doing the IB, with a 40 as my predicted grade and i still haven't heard back :s-smilie: do u mind if i ask what your predicted grade was?

Sorry its taken so long to reply, i was predicated 40 as well :smile:
Maths HL 6
Chemistry HL 6
Economics HL 7
English SL 6
French SL 6
Theatre SL 7
Tok/ EE 2 points
Reply 1992
:musicus::musicus::thrasher:

I'm about to lose my mind
It's been gone for so long
I'm running out of patience
I need an offer
Give me an offer
To bring me back to life :redface:
Reply 1993
Original post by Mirza01
Offer for English Literature!

Hey, congrats! I've also applied for eng lit, and my interview was on the 28th Jan but I've not heard back from them. I'm slowly losing hope :frown: do you mind telling me when your interview took place? thanks xx
Original post by sara1992
Hey, congrats! I've also applied for eng lit, and my interview was on the 28th Jan but I've not heard back from them. I'm slowly losing hope :frown: do you mind telling me when your interview took place? thanks xx

Did you apply for straight lit, or lit with creative writing, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by Clorius
Username/name: Clorius
Subject applied for: Msc Finance
Offer: Conditional till graduation day
Date UCAS submitted: Some day in October
Firm/Insurance/declined: COULD ANYBODY explain what these mean? PS: Maybe this is the so-called culture barrier since I'm from Asia:confused:

Firm->This applies for conditional and unconditional offers. It's your first choice for both. For conditional offers, if you meet it, then that's where you'll go.
Insurance->This applies for conditional offers only. This is your second choice school. If you fail to meet the terms of your first choice school, this is your backup school.
Declined->This applies to both conditional and unconditional offers. It's you stating that you have zero interest in going to the school in question.

Congrats, btw.
Original post by clarj018
Stevieee, what were you rejected for. And when?
Hope your ok mate, its horrible isnt it xx

I had my interview for English Lit on the 25th, got rejected last week. :s-smilie: Yeah it's pretty gutting but I have plenty of other options :smile: . Have you applied for Warwick? xx
Original post by Matt_1307
Yep! Same position! Hoping this is a reserve list! What grades have you got?

Same here im still waiting! i applied in early november!
Reply 1998
Just firmed my Warwick offer :biggrin:
anyone going to the post-offer day for philosophy tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest