The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04chandlar

Original post by 04chandlar
I'm applying for law too! I m predicted A* in economics and business, A in Religious studies and A in Sociology. If I get an offer , I would definitely put Warwick as my first choice. My GCSE's are 2 A*'s, 2 A's, 5 B's and 2 C's. If i do get an offer............I wud be indebted to GOD for the rest of my life!!!!!!

Which other universities are you applying to? I'm also applying to warwick for the same course. got 6.5 A* and 2 A's. But my ps was a bit rubbish. Also applying to UEA, Sheffield, Bristol and Edinburgh.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by kerribbz_x
no way :O owwwww =( well done to them though!! do you know when abouts they sent it??

lol yeah it was depressing but i was happy for her.. I think she sent it quite early. She's applying for Cambridge too so I'm guessing early/mid september...dont know the exact date sorry, but dont worry you have 2 offers already! congratulations btw. :smile:
no way :O owwwww =( well done to them though!! do you know when abouts they sent it??

Just wondering, why aren't you going a bit more risky with your choices, with those predictions? Or don't you think you'll make them?
Reply 483
My ucas form is all sent away, finally!

Really hoping I get my MMORSE offer... fingers crossed! Its a definite 1st choice for me now I think :smile:

M3 is killing me too, arrrgh, we just finished it this week and have been trying a past paper which thankfully hasnt been as bad as the qu in class, but its still not fun! FP1 was soo much easier. To top it all off, we have maths challenge tomorrow, which I find so frustrating LOL. I got a gold at intermediate level and I would be quite happy to just not attempt senior and stick with my intermediate gold! arrrgh, but after that, it's off for half term. Can't come soon enough!
Original post by Doughnuts!!
It's happened to two of my posts complaining about it now. :rolleyes:

Maybe the Warwick admissions team hired somebody to stop people badmouthing them. :teehee:

Time to think up a new secret language to fool them with! :colondollar:
Original post by Anita B. Studin
lol yeah it was depressing but i was happy for her.. I think she sent it quite early. She's applying for Cambridge too so I'm guessing early/mid september...dont know the exact date sorry, but dont worry you have 2 offers already! congratulations btw. :smile:

cheers =) haha, an early bird then! did you apply for maths at warwick too??
Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts
Just wondering, why aren't you going a bit more risky with your choices, with those predictions? Or don't you think you'll make them?

I think I'll make them =) well hopefully, probably jinxed it now :s-smilie: well I only really like campus unis, I want to go quite a bit away from london, and I didn't think I'd get into cambridge... soooo there aren't many 'risky' ones that dont fit those lol. Anyway, southampton and loughborough are just in case something goes wrong in further maths, because warwick wants A* of course, bath wants A and exeter wants A, soooo, better be safe then sorry =)
cheers =) haha, an early bird then! did you apply for maths at warwick too??

no i applied for MMORSE but i think stats department handle the course so i'm not too worried.. but yeah she definately is an early bird i wouldn't worry about it if i were you!
Reply 488
Original post by Unknown-User

Original post by Unknown-User
Economics :smile:

have you economics lot got an offer yet??
Original post by alexx :)

M3 is killing me too, arrrgh, we just finished it this week and have been trying a past paper which thankfully hasnt been as bad as the qu in class, but its still not fun! FP1 was soo much easier. To top it all off, we have maths challenge tomorrow, which I find so frustrating LOL. I got a gold at intermediate level and I would be quite happy to just not attempt senior and stick with my intermediate gold! arrrgh, but after that, it's off for half term. Can't come soon enough!

Which exam board are you on! And how have you managed to finish so fast! I've only done one chapter and I can't even begin to attempt any questions in that chapter as I don't actually understand it!
Oh god I know! Actually FP1 seemed impossible when I first started it but I would give so much to be doing it again!

Tomorrow? Are you not on half term already?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 490
Original post by Anita B. Studin
My friend got an offer for maths 2/3 days ago...

Yep, just got my offer yesterday.. except its higher than the requirements on the website, which I looked up the day before I sent my application!:eek:
Reply 491
Original post by saajan_92
Yep, just got my offer yesterday.. except its higher than the requirements on the website, which I looked up the day before I sent my application!:eek:

Congrats on the offer.. but higher?! What was it?
The one on the website is already really high :s-smilie:
Reply 492
Original post by Schnecke
Congrats on the offer.. but higher?! What was it?
The one on the website is already really high :s-smilie:

As in just before i send my ucas, the website said A*AA + Merit in AEA, but my offer was A*A*A + Distinction in AEA (which is what it now says on website)

So I now have to get an extra A* plus Distinction instead of Merit in AEA :eek:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 493
As in just before i send my ucas, the website said A*AA + Merit in AEA, but my offer was A*A*A + Distinction in AEA (which is what it now says on website)

So I now have to get an extra A* plus Distinction instead of Merit in AEA :eek:

Ah that's ok then. I wouldn't worry about AEA too much, I've done a couple of past papers and they're really not that bad, way easier than STEP.

If you don't mind me asking when did you apply and was it for G100 or G103?
Reply 494
Original post by Schnecke
Ah that's ok then. I wouldn't worry about AEA too much, I've done a couple of past papers and they're really not that bad, way easier than STEP.

If you don't mind me asking when did you apply and was it for G100 or G103?

I have the option of STEP or AEA.. have looked at some STEP I, which are hard but just about doable after about an hour per q?? I know AEA is meant to be slightly easier, but I didnt know it was that much!

Sent ucas around 20 sept ish, for G103
I have the option of STEP or AEA.. have looked at some STEP I, which are hard but just about doable after about an hour per q?? I know AEA is meant to be slightly easier, but I didnt know it was that much!

Sent ucas around 20 sept ish, for G103

Yeah, AEA is considered a lot leasier. I think a distinction in AEA is equal to a 2 in STEP I? And STEP is aimed at the top 2% of mathematicians whereas AEA is aimed at the top 10%!
Anyone else not that bothered by STEP?

It will be difficult yes, but at the end of the day, we're applying to the top unis. We should like and be good at maths to some extent.
Reply 497
Finally got my two acknowledgements from Warwick. It's killing me not knowing whether I'm going to get an offer or not :frown:
Original post by J.J.M
have you economics lot got an offer yet??

I haven't sent my application to the universities yet, but judging from last year, I don't think Warwick will be making any Economics offers till well after the January deadline :frown:

A lot of the top universities for Economics won't give offers till after January apparently including Nottingham, Birmingham, Warwick, LSE I think....
Reply 499
Original post by Jeppasloth
Anyone else not that bothered by STEP?

It will be difficult yes, but at the end of the day, we're applying to the top unis. We should like and be good at maths to some extent.

I agree, the questions are more enjoyable than your standard Alevel stuff and there's plenty of time to practice and get used to the style before we have to take it...
However it's still pretty daunting when you first look at a paper and have no idea where to start on the majority of the questions.

Quick Reply

Latest