The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rapunzel

Original post by Rapunzel
I think you may have a point there, what gets me is that they haven't even sent an email with it (or at least not to me), I don't know if it's a question of not caring but they should really think about what this waiting does to people...

Congratulations, Durham is lovely! What college? Good luck with your exams then, my friends who got in loved it too.:smile:

Well, I have two offers - Exeter and Birmingham - I appreciate they are both very good universities but I just don't know if I want to go there (that sounds bad:frown:). It's just that I loved Bristol's course and those of my other choices. Ah well:s-smilie:

I agree, I just couldn't believe that after all this time, all I got was an "unsuccessful" on UCAS. Perhaps they'll send a letter but I'm not holding my breath.

Exeter and Birmingham are great universities. I applied to the Cornwall campus. I loved the course and the place but it was just too far away for me (minimum of 7 hours). I hear the main campus is great though. If I'd known how Bristol was going to turn out I might have applied there instead because it would have made a better insurance.

I really hope you like where you end up. Have you got any more chances to visit?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1841
hello everyone , hope you're all doing well
i got a conditional from Bristol for a MSc in Economics, Finance, and Management
What do you think are the job prospects after gaining such a degree? ( no work experience, only internships)
Original post by Phil1541

So sorry to hear about everyones rejections, I will make sure I give the english/philosphy/geography departments evils when i turn up in october !

Is it sad that the thought of this actually cheered me up? :ahee:
Reply 1843
:tongue:
Original post by KayteeKaytee
I agree, I just couldn't believe that after all this time, all I got was an "unsuccessful" on UCAS. Perhaps they'll send a letter but I'm not holding my breath.

Exeter and Birmingham are great universities. I applied to the Cornwall campus. I loved the course and the place but it was just too far away for me (minimum of 7 hours). I hear the main campus is great though. If I'd known how Bristol was going to turn out I might have applied there instead because it would have made a better insurance.

I really hope you like where you end up. Have you got any more chances to visit?

I just got a letter saying "Official notification of this decision will be available on UCAS track within the next few days" Hmm...

Thank you, I loved the geography with environmental management course at Cornwall, but as I hadn't visited I didn't want to risk it :tongue: 7 hours? What part of Britain do you live in? The campus there is lovely, I'm just not sure about the course. I'll probably have to visit them again I guess! Thank you, I hope you enjoy Durham or wherever you go, it does look amazing. :smile:
Reply 1844
Original post by Forever a Gnome
Is it sad that the thought of this actually cheered me up? :ahee:

It cheered me up too hehe:smile:
Is anybody still as bereft of a reply as I am?
Original post by holly6946
Is anybody still as bereft of a reply as I am?

I am. getting progressively distressed
This is ridiculous, I really thought we'd know this week. xx
Original post by KayteeKaytee
I don't even think that Geography is THAT over subscribed at Bristol I was told 17:1 which is a lot better than the 47:1 I heard for subjects like economics. They're rated 2nd for Geography, above Oxford, which makes them think they can treat people any way they like.

I am so sorry for everyone who really wanted to go there and got rejected. Probably doesn't seem like it now, but I'm sure you'll be happy wherever you go x

I was told at the post offer open day that the ratio this year was 23:1
:smile:
Original post by kolokov

Original post by kolokov
...now have to decide Bristol or UCL?...Bristol or UCL?...hmmm difficult

I'm in the same boat! Agh, I hate making decisions X.x

Have you now decided?
Original post by boo7788

Original post by boo7788
Bristol is well known for its student life etc. and is very student friendly, so no worries there. When I went there for an open day, it seemed quite a pleasant place to be at and I'm fortunate enough to have Bristol down as my insurance choice. UCL and Bristol simply have reputations as very good universities and both are difficult to get into. You can look them up in the world league tables, bearing in mind their questionable reliability. The differences in standing between UCL, Bristol, LSE, and Oxbridge are slim. Don't worry! :smile:

Are you studying at Bristol next year?! You're from Germany :biggrin:! I was just thinking about whether Bristol had a good reputation in Germany (my google search led me to this forum) because I want to get my Master's in Germany!! I will be double majoring in Philosophy and German at Bristol if I decide to go :smile:

That said, what is Bristol's reputation in Germany (in your experience)? My other top choices are KCL and UCL, but neither Uni. will let me study German; however, I could take an evening language class (yuck :/) if I choose to go to either school...

I told myself that I would leave uni. with fluency in a 2nd language (I'm embarrassed to know only English O.o), and I don't think KCL/UCL will be helpful in that respect (who could possibly learn anything from an evening class?? Languages require a little more effort than that!)...

Danke schön :biggrin:
SERIOUSLY BRISTOL?
STILL NOTHING.

YOU GUYYYYYYS.:confused:
SERIOUSLY BRISTOL?
STILL NOTHING.

YOU GUYYYYYYS.:confused:

I'm still waiting too =( .

What have you applied for?
Original post by Lestrange
I'm still waiting too =( .

What have you applied for?

English, they rejected me this afternoon.

YAY.

What about you? xxx
English, they rejected me this afternoon.

YAY.

What about you? xxx

Sorry to hear that. It must be awful having waited so long =( .

I've applied for French, still waiting...
Original post by Lestrange
Sorry to hear that. It must be awful having waited so long =( .

I've applied for French, still waiting...

It is, I'm really annoyed that I've had to wait like 5 and a half months for that decision.
I'm probably going to King's College London to do Spanish with English though now (:

Hope you get an offer my love
x
Original post by Downbutup

Original post by Downbutup
Anyone heard for Economics and Politics (LL12) ? Wish they would be faster..

Hi, Yes I received an offer for Economics and Politics. They're asking for AAB (an A in maths). Have you heard from them yet?
Original post by carbondummy

Original post by carbondummy
Applied to Bristol for Politics and Economics in October. Got an Offer in November :biggrin: I was pretty happy about that considering I got rejected from Oxford 3 days earlier.
Actually happy would be an understatement.

Hi, congratulations on your offer. What grades are they asking for? :smile:
It is, I'm really annoyed that I've had to wait like 5 and a half months for that decision.
I'm probably going to King's College London to do Spanish with English though now (:

Hope you get an offer my love
x

Thank you =) .

If it was any other place, I'd have given up by now and withdrawn. But I would really, REALLY like Bristol to be my insurance...

At least you have a plan ^^ .
Original post by SandroJosé
Hi, congratulations on your offer. What grades are they asking for? :smile:

Hey, thanks :smile:

They're asking for AAA with an A in C3 and a B in C4. Gotta work hard!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending