The Student Room Group

Business management degrees

Hi guys,
I was just wondering if anyone knows any business management courses that are predicted ABB or BBB?
I'm currently applying to Loughborough (AAB), Newcastle (AAB) and Durham (ABB). I basically just need another ABB course and then a backup BBB course.
I know Sheffield's is ABB but I went to their open day and didn't like it at all! Birmingham is AAB-ABB but I'm guessing they only really want AAB people, which is what I'm predicted, but as a precaution I want a safer option.
Thanks!:smile:
Reply 1
Surrey are asking for ABB I think
Reply 2
ino this doesn't help you but you might help me. i'm thinking about applying at durham for business management but worried about the queen's campus in stockton, are you in the same boat? i've heard some bad things but some good, i don't want to be out of everything but still would like to go to durham! if you have heard the same what do you think?
Reply 3
My brother and sister are both at Durham but are both on the main campus so don't know too much about it. However, I hear the campus is nice (I visited it on a friday evening on the way to a Newcastle, so don't have too much of an opinion) although Stockton itself isn't very nice, from a personal point of view! That said, Durham is still a very good uni and the othe ABB options aren't great really (Sheffield etc). I'm going to apply, but not as my first choice, thats either L'boro or Newcastle I think! Where else aree you appying?
Reply 4
its not my first choice either but it is in my top 3. my first is uni of manchester, i went and looked round n it seems really nice :smile: then iv just got a jumble of choices with varying requirements but they are Liverpool jm, uclan and university of cumbria, tho thts my fall back one...which others have ABB? i only knew of durham. Where are you applying? btw thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 5
Sheffield has ABB, whislt the Uni itself was nice, the course was presented really badly! Quite ironic considering they say they teach the students how to present etc...! But other thaan that I don't know really. There are soo many AAA-AAB uni's, then 2 for ABB, and thats about it really! I'm going to have a quick look now as I have a free period, so I'll tell you if I find anymore!!
Reply 6
Hi, im in the same boat with the durham thing! I dont know about queens campus?! If you have been there......whats it like? Got any more business/management/finance courses with ABB I need one too!? What have you got so far?!
Thanks
Reply 7
Another ABB course is the one at Leicester - but personally I didn't really like the course or the university so I've ruled it out.
Do you think it's risky to just to have one AAA course and the rest AAB? I can't find any decent ABB universities!
Yeah surrey is ABBish (320 points in any a levels - which is why it was my insurance!) and UEA is BBC
Reply 9
If you have any interest in IT then UCL do IMB which is ABB. The course has about 25% IT though, but I'd never done it past GCSE and its really not that bad. On top of that the course is really well supported by employers and well.. its UCL!
Reply 10
Original post by Kumiko_x3
Another ABB course is the one at Leicester - but personally I didn't really like the course or the university so I've ruled it out.
Do you think it's risky to just to have one AAA course and the rest AAB? I can't find any decent ABB universities!

Sussex does Business and Management Studies which is ABB. (also offer a year in industry)

Although the university isn't top for Business, it is a good university overall
(having Sussex as my back up)

I am applying for
Nottingham - Management Studies (AAB)
Exeter - Management with marketing & an industrial experience (AAA)
Reading - Business and Management (with a year in industry) (AAB)
Surrey - Business and Management (with a year in industry) (AAB)
Sussex - Business and Management Studies (with a year in industry) (ABB)

Is anyone else applying for these?
Has anyone got any offers for these courses?!

Original post by Melting Sugar.
Yeah surrey is ABBish (320 points in any a levels - which is why it was my insurance!) and UEA is BBC

UEA is BBB :smile: From what i've heard it seems like a good back-up choice!
Original post by Sapphire-Flame
UEA is BBB :smile: From what i've heard it seems like a good back-up choice!

Yeah BBC was 2010 entry, they've put it up since last year - Surrey is now AAB (in grades!).

UEA definitely looks good as a back-up choice, but it doesn't have a placement year which is the only downside.
Reply 13
Heriot-watt is ABC-BBB and is very good Uni, in ediburgh and offers lots of flexible business courses. Other choices could be Liverpool(ABB), Aberdeen(BBB), Robert Gordon(BBC-BCC) are my choices.
Reply 14
Sheffield as a University is brilliant, you might've just had a horrible lecturer on the day, when I went it was really interesting and the lecturers were really friendly :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending