The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Persephone.
Wouldn't two students be conjugated as Talibayn? I know Taliban means just "The Students" but I also remember hearing that two in arabic usually ends in ayn-/ain.

Dunno about Sharameeeeeeeeeet.

:p:

Hmm probably, might as well added "room" (forgot whats it called in arabic), and the word AL, to make it - The student Room, epic lol
Hanz_a93
Hmm probably, might as well added "room" (forgot whats it called in arabic), and the word AL, to make it - The student Room, epic lol

Mujahideen for AQA.

70 markschemes in heaven?

:awesome:
Reply 82
MJlover
I hate anyone who doesn't rule accorsing to the Qur'an and the way of the Prophet (pbuh), I don't care about whether they are muslim or not.

what did you just send me?

Im assuming from your flag you live in the UK? Ok so you hate the country but your happy to take the resources education and healthcare it gives you:rolleyes:
Reply 83
Persephone.
Mujahideen for AQA.

70 markschemes in heaven?

:awesome:

:rofl:
An automated PhD in medicine:biggrin:
Reply 84
Hanz_a93
It actually means "The students", as corrected by persephone. Hence the organisation was initially started by students probably for educational purposes

Yeah it was just a group of educated young men from madrassas. They managed to win over and defeat all opposers due to their strict lifestyle and basically not caring whether they lived or died.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 85
Aj12
Im assuming from your flag you live in the UK? Ok so you hate the country but your happy to take the resources education and healthcare it gives you:rolleyes:

Lol @ her disabling rep and not answering whether she supports the taliban.

If she lived in afghanistan under the taliban, she wouldn't have the luxury of being on the internet in the first place, she would be illiterate. Or dead.
Reply 86
Bonged.
Lol @ her disabling rep and not answering whether she supports the taliban.

If she lived in afghanistan under the taliban, she wouldn't have the luxury of being on the internet in the first place, she would be illiterate. Or dead.

There are internet cafe's in Afghanistan. There are lots of women in Afghanistan who are literate and also alive
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 87
Iron Mike
There are internet cafe's in Afghanistan. There are lots of women in Afghanistan who are literate and also alive

If she grew up in afghanistan under the taliban she would be illiterate and therefore couldnt use the internet.

Check it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban_treatment_of_women#Education

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Needle_Sewing_School
Reply 88
Bonged.
If she grew up in afghanistan under the taliban she would be illiterate and therefore couldnt use the internet.

I've always heard the Taliban denies these allegations and there wasn't much proof they actually prevented woman from getting an education. But I'll read your sources and get back to you.
Reply 89
Wcap

The torture in Abu Ghraib isn't condoned by the US. The execution of, among others, women and gays in Afghanistan under the Taliban, however, was official practice.

Well thats not true at all. systematic waterboarding, several prominent torture cases.

I know I have a quote from you oustanding but I just got in so I will have a nap and then reply.
(edited 13 years ago)
MJlover
Dunno about how many men they get.

They get 72 kitchens instead. Sabanallah!
Out of the two below, who are the more courageous perpetrators?

http://images34.fotki.com/v1194/photos/1/1222605/5411528/Taliban_kills_woman-vi.jpg

http://blankaperidot.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/tortureIraq7.16831244_std.jpg
Bonged.
The taliban executing a woman in front of an audience baying for her blood. Lovely.

So you hate everyone, basically. Cool.

Why did they kill her?
The guys at the top of the leadership, no - they're greedy, self-seeking, evil men.
The guys on the ground however, they're brave no doubt.

I have sympathy with them really. If you live in a remote little village with next to no education and somebody gives you the chance to fight off the godless invaders, it's no surprise they sign up to it! 1000s and 1000s of Muslims have been killed by western countries, I'd be shocked if they didn't want to fight.
Reply 94
karateworm
The guys at the top of the leadership, no - they're greedy, self-seeking, evil men.
The guys on the ground however, they're brave no doubt.

I have sympathy with them really. If you live in a remote little village with next to no education and somebody gives you the chance to fight off the godless invaders, it's no surprise they sign up to it! 1000s and 1000s of Muslims have been killed by western countries, I'd be shocked if they didn't want to fight.

In Afghanistan, the ISAF caused civilian death toll is numbered in the hundreds, not thousands. 26 of those have been killed by British forces. Really very little considering the size and complexity of the war.

The Taliban on the other hand, have killed or wounded 7,000 civilians in the last four years through the use of IED's alone. That doesn't include suicide bombings, executions, assissnations, those caught up in Taliban fire and whatever else. 83% of civilian deaths are caused by the Taliban, compared to 7% caused by Western forces.

As for Iraq, of the 100,000 or so dead, the vast majority were killed by Iraqn Iraq violence.
Reply 95
Bonged.

Do you have any sources that go into further depth on this issue. It doesn't explain how long the ban was enforced for, when or even if it ever ended. From the limited information it seems they aren't actually against education for women, but just have an absurd idea that if males and females are educated together, then of course the male is going to mount her at one point or another.
Reply 96
Aj12

So where shall I live, mars? And my parents contribute to the state, I have every right to recieve the fruits of their taxes. I did not choose to live here, but was forced by my parent.
Thirdly, the british welfare state , including education and the like, does not contradict Isla, if you read history you would know that the modern welfare state was innovated by Islam through Zakah payments.
(edited 13 years ago)
Logi
I've always wondered about the 72 virgins thing. A beardy terrorist with a hook for a hand doesn't seem like a great reward for the 72 girls who followed the qurans strict teachings and stayed virgins all their lives. Not only that but I'm pretty sure a **** load of terrorists are being killed so aren't they going to run out of virgins at some point? What happens then?

A- The Quran never tells women to be virgins.
B- In Islam, sex is encouraged between MARRIED COUPLES, to stay faithful to each other, and , if they can, have children.
C- The taliban do not at all represent Islam in any way whatsoever.
D- It was the USA that gave the taliban weapons and brung them to power.

Nuff said.
Reply 98
Courage is having the determination to see through what you feel compelled to achieve when you're terrified; courage and fear go hand in hand. So yes, obviously some of them are courageous.
Reply 99
MJlover
So where shall I live, mars? And my parents contribute to the state, I have every right to recieve the fruits of their taxes. I did not choose to live here, but was forced by my parent.
Thirdly, the british welfare state , including education and the like, does not contradict Isla, if you read history you would know that the modern welfare state was innovated by Islam through Zakah payments.
So you'll be shipping off out of here when you're 16/18 - right? You wouldn't want to be a hypocrit surely?
sixthformer
A- The Quran never tells women to be virgins.
B- In Islam, sex is encouraged between MARRIED COUPLES, to stay faithful to each other, and , if they can, have children.
Yeh but if there are 71 other women involved that's not really a COUPLE is it? And they're hardly being faithful to one another.
sixthformer
C- The taliban do not at all represent Islam in any way whatsoever.
They do a little. In fact I think they represent the extremist element more than a little. But never mind seeing as I don't think I said anything of the sort?
sixthformer
D- It was the USA that gave the taliban weapons and brung them to power.
Ish. Some were US weapons supplied to fight the Russians but I'd say they're mostly using the weapons the Russians left behind when they retreated, as well as those supplied to them by other states by now. But since this is also completely irrelevant..
sixthformer
Nuff said.
Best not to reply then :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending