The Student Room Group

How to work out cost plus profit?

Hey!
No need to tell me the answer , but would love it if somebody could give me some hints on how to work it out!

How do i work out the price per article , with a cost plus proit basis?
2000 articles to be produced
Fixed costs : £2500
Variable costs : £5 per article
Anticipated profit: £1500

Thanks!
Reply 1
Work out your total costs (fixed and variable) and then add the profit. This is total you need to make for ALL of your items.
profit = total revenue - total cost???????
Reply 3
Original post by marieisfab
Work out your total costs (fixed and variable) and then add the profit. This is total you need to make for ALL of your items.

Cheers!
Another question , which may sound stupid to people who have done economics for awhile - but whats the point of working out cost plus profit? What benefit does it have.

Cheers :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Zoof
Cheers!
Another question , which may sound stupid to people who have done economics for awhile - but whats the point of working out cost plus profit? What benefit does it have.

Cheers :smile:

I don't do economics, so to be honest, I'm not sure what the answer for that would be. From an accounting perspective it's better for decision making purposes and cash flow predictions. There is a page on Wikipedia about cost-plus pricing, but I'm not too sure about how accurate it is (because as we all know, wiki is the worst thing in the world blah blah blah).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending