Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to work out cost plus profit? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    No need to tell me the answer , but would love it if somebody could give me some hints on how to work it out!

How do i work out the price per article , with a cost plus proit basis?
    2000 articles to be produced
    Fixed costs : £2500
    Variable costs : £5 per article
    Anticipated profit: £1500

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Work out your total costs (fixed and variable) and then add the profit. This is total you need to make for ALL of your items.

ReputationRep:
    profit = total revenue - total cost???????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marieisfab)
    Work out your total costs (fixed and variable) and then add the profit. This is total you need to make for ALL of your items.
    Cheers!
    Another question , which may sound stupid to people who have done economics for awhile - but whats the point of working out cost plus profit? What benefit does it have.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoof)
    Cheers!
    Another question , which may sound stupid to people who have done economics for awhile - but whats the point of working out cost plus profit? What benefit does it have.

Cheers
    I don't do economics, so to be honest, I'm not sure what the answer for that would be. From an accounting perspective it's better for decision making purposes and cash flow predictions. There is a page on Wikipedia about cost-plus pricing, but I'm not too sure about how accurate it is (because as we all know, wiki is the worst thing in the world blah blah blah).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.