The Student Room Group

Am i being realistic wirh crypto??!!

Hi, so i started investements into crypto a few months back, i have tried to undestand the basics and how currencys work and all of that. Tested my profitability with small amounts of money + fee to deposit and withdraw. Realised there is never even close to a 100% chance of profit but there is a chance of 99% loss. Now i've been upgrading my testing with around £270 made about 50 profit after including other costs. I think i got the grasp of it but ofc not 100% and believe its possible to make £20 a day on a stable basis with ofc a few losses here and there. Am i being realistic. Is aiming for around 6% gain a day with losses here and there unrealistic and naive or am i estimating correctly.
Reply 1
Original post by robqttedcant
Hi, so i started investements into crypto a few months back, i have tried to undestand the basics and how currencys work and all of that. Tested my profitability with small amounts of money + fee to deposit and withdraw. Realised there is never even close to a 100% chance of profit but there is a chance of 99% loss. Now i've been upgrading my testing with around £270 made about 50 profit after including other costs. I think i got the grasp of it but ofc not 100% and believe its possible to make £20 a day on a stable basis with ofc a few losses here and there. Am i being realistic. Is aiming for around 6% gain a day with losses here and there unrealistic and naive or am i estimating correctly.

Aiming for 6% net gain on your portfolio per day is very very unrealistic. It may seem small in terms of $, but in terms of % it is HUGE and unlikely. You have to learn about risk/reward ratios, if you risk 1% per trade for a 2% profit, you need 3 successful trades that all hit take profit in a single day! Aim low, and look at the percentages, wanting to get rich quick won't get you rich at all.
Reply 2
Original post by qlam
Aiming for 6% net gain on your portfolio per day is very very unrealistic. It may seem small in terms of $, but in terms of % it is HUGE and unlikely. You have to learn about risk/reward ratios, if you risk 1% per trade for a 2% profit, you need 3 successful trades that all hit take profit in a single day! Aim low, and look at the percentages, wanting to get rich quick won't get you rich at all.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense as 6% is huge and unrealistic so for now id say aiming lower should be my focus to slowly build up my investment capital rather than my %. Can i ask how much your making a day and how long u been in the market if u dont mind
Reply 3
Perhaps you need a little training on trading the crypto market and how to analyse chart like the banks do. send me a pm.
Reply 4
Original post by robqttedcant
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense as 6% is huge and unrealistic so for now id say aiming lower should be my focus to slowly build up my investment capital rather than my %. Can i ask how much your making a day and how long u been in the market if u dont mind

Currenty around 100$ a day but I used to make a lot more previously. I have been i the market since October 2021.
Reply 5
So it shows how completely ill equipped you are, since you moved away from the 99% probability of making a loss. 🙂 It isn't like trading stock where there is something behind it with value... anyone can create a crypto and trade it and pretend its worth something... Hell look at Sam Bankman-Fried. Billions but worth nothing.

Just because it's been on the up recently doesn't mean it will continue to rise. You'd be just as likely to make a profit betting on the horses and planning your potential gains...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending