The Student Room Group

iPhone 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S

Scroll to see replies

bad comparison m8
The iPhone has kind of made other phone companies step up a bit and put a bit more effort into their smartphones.
Competition is always great.
Original post by blueray

Original post by blueray
HTC Desire HD

THUMBS UP IF YOU LIKE IT (I want it now!)

That's not a Desire HD :teehee:, this is.

If it's any consolation, I got my DHD yesterday and it's amazing. :h:
Original post by konvictz0007

iphone 4 without a doubt...samsung cannot replicate the experience that apple delivers on it's iphones. it is a truly amazing device, well worth the price apple pay. the numbers are very very simple here, if the iphone 4 was not as good as people say, then why is there so much demand for the iphone 4?...why are so many people paying the high price for the iphone 4?...

it boils down to the experience. individually, htc/samsung/sony etc can all do what iphone can do, wether we are talking text messages, touch screen, apps, music, it can all be done in the competitors product, buts always how it does it. there is no phone in the market which runs as smoothly and impeccably as the iphone 4. it just works, it does everything just a touch more classier than it's competitors.

if you wana save money and have the features, buy samsung or htc or sony ericsson or whatever people are talking about nowadays. if you want a solid experience from start to finish then its iphone. and i dont know anyone who has an iphone and is dissapointed with it, and i talk to a lot of people during uni and work.

to put a different way. take a bmw 3 series and vauxhall astra. both cars drive, both cars seat 5 people, has radio, and nice seats and loads of features. both cars will comfortable drive very fast on the motorway. however the vauxhall astra is cheaper to run, cheaper to insure, cheaper to mantain, cheaper to service, cheaper to buy. you ask your self why would anyone buy the bmw?...its because with the bmw you are paying a higher price but you are getting alot more, you are getting precision engineering, from the smallest volume knob to the solid suspension, to the drive, to the comfort, its the smallest things which contribute to the overall bmw experience, that is what sells, and bmw do sell alot of the 3 series.

same for the iphone, its the smallest things added together which make up the overall experience, and that is why in many people's opinion, iphone > all other phones on the market...

My DHD is super fast, doesn't lag at all, so I don't know what you're talking about. What I released recently is the iPhone is essentially just an app draw. It offers very little compared to my phone. The fact I can scroll across my 8 home screens which are all personalised makes the experience 10x better. I can check my email, calendar, battery status, messages and facebook status' all without opening a single app.

Not having to open an app>>>>opening 5 or 10 apps everyday of the week.

I would only recommend an iPhone 4 to someone who was awful with hardware. Otherwise the DHD in particular is far superior.
I haven't had the Samsung Galaxy S but I have the iPhone 4. Was almost put off it by the typical crappy apple battery life - iPhone 4 lasts all day (this is basically having it constantly on and doing something too). Also, the screen is amazing - in comparison to my iPod touch and other people's phones (blackberrys, sony ericssons and other samsungs) it's so clear. I'm sounding like a sales person but it's a great phone, I'm really impressed and I generally like to complain about things.
Only dig I have about the iPhone 4 is that despite the glass cover it's still easy to scratch and also I was gutted how easy it was to use (probably cause I have an iPod touch but I like working out how to use new phones).

I should imagine the iPhone is less likely to depreciate in price as quick as the Samsung, so if you want to sell it in the future you should think about that.

The only competitor against the iPhone 4 imo is the HTC Desire HD it's so pretty and nice to hold... I was going to get the HTC but I only chose apple because it's been reliable to me in the past and no one could tell me about what a HTC was like (when I'm spending a lot I want to know the phone is decent).
Original post by yoyo462001
My DHD is super fast, doesn't lag at all, so I don't know what you're talking about. What I released recently is the iPhone is essentially just an app draw. It offers very little compared to my phone. The fact I can scroll across my 8 home screens which are all personalised makes the experience 10x better. I can check my email, calendar, battery status, messages and facebook status' all without opening a single app.

Not having to open an app>>>>opening 5 or 10 apps everyday of the week.

I would only recommend an iPhone 4 to someone who was awful with hardware. Otherwise the DHD in particular is far superior.

you should say that to the all the people who like, want or already brought the iphone 4, and alot of these people are experts in technology and generally inteligent people such as doctors, business people, teachers, many people on this forum also.

So for this reason the iPhone is the best phone in the market? Lots if intelligent people also bought the galaxy s does that mean every other phone is bad now?
you should say that to the all the people who like, want or already brought the iphone 4, and alot of these people are experts in technology and generally inteligent people such as doctors, business people, teachers, many people on this forum also.

Dont listen to a "c"onvict and for your information you can't measure intelligence by peoples jobs my friend is a doctor and he has a Samsung galaxy s and its a great phone, therefore your point is null
Original post by blueray
Dont listen to a "c"onvict and for your information you can't measure intelligence by peoples jobs my friend is a doctor and he has a Samsung galaxy s and its a great phone, therefore your point is null

i didnt say the samsung or htc was bad, infact if anyone asks me i would recomend the samsung over the iphone. however my personal opinion is that iphone is a better experience, and many people buy it because they think the same, money is a hard thing to earn, people are paying a premium for a reason. hence apple's dramatic rise in the smartphone market every year, even though it is has basically one product, the iphone.

and i wasnt aware that your chosen nickname on an internet forum directly translated to a person's profession?...looking at your post, i am a 'c'onvict (yes but my name is spelt with a k which must mean im dumb right?)...next time i sign up to an internet forum i will try to remember to chose the name uni-student-also-has-part-time-job...
i didnt say the samsung or htc was bad, infact if anyone asks me i would recomend the samsung over the iphone. however my personal opinion is that iphone is a better experience

and i wasnt aware that your chosen nickname on an internet forum directly translated to a person's profession?.

1) You contradict yourself
2)Do you know what a joke is?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending