The Student Room Group

IB students - need opinion - Im on my last lifeline :/

Hi.
I am currently a second year IB student and I have kinda been all down hill. My attendance has completely dropped to the low point like 40-50% and all my grades are ranging from 1-3. Its not that I am NOT smart, I am, but I suffer from anxiety and frequently have panic attacks. I have just started seeing a councellor and trying to deal with it. Anyhow, right now, I am not in college. They said yesterday that I have to come back in April/May and re take mocks along with first year IB students and then I have to stay a third year and be with their class. This means with uni i will be going in 2012. It is a good thing but I am panicking as I dont want to fail and if i miss 2-3 days when I am back I will be expelled. I am worried I wont have any friends when I come back as I know everyone in my current year and I am not gonna see my friends now apart from parties occasionaly on weekends. I just need some guidance., What do I do now????

Many Thanks

xoxo
When you're in IB, the last thing you should be worrying about is partying. Just stay focused on the school work and occassionally take time off. Honestly, you can hardly afford to get drunk if you want to do really well.
Keep attending. Keep talking to people about your panic attacks. I had a breakdown during IB, but you just have to work past it.
Hey,
I think that if you're having this hard of a time you should just work on feeling better and then worrying about school. Your health--physical and emotional--needs to be your first priority. Keep talking to your counselor as I'm sure they will be able to help.
You will be able to catch up. You might have to do the year over again, and that would be hard, but it would be do-able. And maybe IB just isn't for you. That's okay. It's a huge programme, and it's strenuous at the best of times. If you're struggling too much, maybe you should consider a different programme.
And your friends will still be your friends! I know it's easy to feel isolated doing IB, but good friends are there to stay. I also love the other DP kids at my school--try to have fun in class and it's a lot easier.
I promise that it will get better. Keep talking and asking for help, and it will be okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending