The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

EEE what are you doing (1st years) at imperial

Hey, I'm just interested in what you guys are studying or have studied. I'm at UCL and am wondering whether we cover similar stuff. I heard imperial focuses more on power whereas UCL electronics
First year is more about getting everyone's maths and physics level up to the same level.

There was no specific "power" module, i'd go as far as to say the first year was more geared towards electronics.

Individual lecture courses were on topics like: circuit analysis, quantam mechanics, electronic devices, communications, fields, programming and maths.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by MapleStirrup
First year is more about getting everyone's maths and physics level up to the same level.

There was no specific "power" module, i'd go as far as to say the first year was more geared towards electronics.

Individual lecture courses were on topics like: circuit analysis, quantam mechanics, electronic devices, communications, fields, programming and maths.

Thats pretty much what we do other than the quantum mechanics, surely there isn't much point in learning that unless you go into nanotechnology or deep into semicondctor theory. We have electromagnetics instead.

Ours is also heavily maths based, so much so it is the only lecture course that goes across 2 terms. I heard that some universitys don't have a dedicated maths course which I found odd and some even are still only on A-Level standard work.
cool thread,

I firmed Imperial and I insured UCL for EEE, what would you say the workload is like (in terms of hours per week) for your respective courses? Are the lecturers friendly? I got a friendly vibe fom the people at UCL...The lecturers at Imperial seemed nice overall but one of them in particular didn't seem friendly at all.

Also, what american universitites can you study at during your 4th yr at IC?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending