The Student Room Group

Should non-medical circumcision of under-18s be banned?

Scroll to see replies

My younger brothers were circumcised medically and I still remember the pain they went through afterwards. It was quite upsetting seeing as they were only young.

I don't intend on circumcising my children in the future because it's a pretty useless procedure, imo.

:dontknow:
Reply 241
Original post by House of Jonny
WAS jesus circumcised?

Calm down bro. Its just a thread. So far you have been posting like crazy

yeah, he was a jew! There are some christians who practice male circumcision (although they don't follow the version of christianity which we know in britain (paulian) which is the work of St Paul....

Yeah, been posting quite a bit, should be mastering excel to advanced level, but sooo boring...
Reply 242
Original post by OmicronPersei8
My younger brothers were circumcised medically and I still remember the pain they went through afterwards. It was quite upsetting seeing as they were only young.

I don't intend on circumcising my children in the future because it's a pretty useless procedure, imo.

:dontknow:

well you wouldn't if you're not a jew/muslim
I was circumsized when I was 7 due to medical reasons and can remember it all...The pain wasn't that bad, Fair enough it was sore for a month or so but I don't think its as bad as some people are making it out to be on this thread
Original post by bunty64
yeah, he was a jew! There are some christians who practice male circumcision (although they don't follow the version of christianity which we know in britain (paulian) which is the work of St Paul....

Yeah, been posting quite a bit, should be mastering excel to advanced level, but sooo boring...

OH YEAH!!! :FACEPALM: And im supposed to be the christian :facepalm2: :lol:

Yeah I know. Im supposed to do physics revision. Tis so boring. I fell asleep. At the book.

*added* to my sig.
Reply 245
Original post by House of Jonny
OH YEAH!!! :FACEPALM: And im supposed to be the christian :facepalm2: :lol:

Yeah I know. Im supposed to do physics revision. Tis so boring. I fell asleep. At the book.

*added* to my sig.

you'd be surprised at how many christians in britain who didn't realise that fact about jesus.....

back to the physics?
Reply 246
Original post by bunty64
There are some christians who practice male circumcision (although they don't follow the version of christianity which we know in britain (paulian) which is the work of St Paul...
Very true. Christians in Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone (where most people are either Christian or Muslim) are circumcised at birth, and they are in many other African countries - even in non-African countries like South Korea and the Philippines, circumcision is the norm. And that doesn't even include loads of teenage guys in China, Malaysia and Japan, who often choose circumcision before they start dating girls, and recommend it to their friends. In Japan, it's cheap and strongly approved of by girls for hygiene reasons. In China, there are circumcision ads on giant posters, and in buses, trains and subways...
Reply 247
Original post by bunty64

Original post by bunty64
what is the majority? And we you talking about in britain?

No i'm not talking about in Britain, but most people who get circumcised end up marrying someone from their ethnic back background, and to do so they would have to e circumcised.
Reply 248
Wow necro thread
Yes.

Reply 250
Jesus was not circumcised like they do it today. Jews traditionally would just draw a tiny amount of blood from the head of the penis, no cutting. The Bible forbids circumcision. The idiot John Kellogs(yes the cornflake man) was the one who made the removal of the foreskin 'popular' to stop boys from masturbating. It should be banned, there is no medical reason for it for healthy baby's and children, its torture and needs to stop.
Reply 251
Original post by There will be Particles

That is an inflammatory anti-semitic comment which I find most disgusting and invasive of my rights as a semite.

It was actually a pretty sensible comment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending