Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In your household, is using the computer a no-go zone on Christmas day?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, though there's no rule governing smart phones AFAIK! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I won't be because I will be spending christmas with relatives. there is not even network coverage, let alone 3G coverage. I will spend the day without the internet :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    When family are around and when we are eating dinner etc, but after everyone has gone home about 9ish then it's ok

ReputationRep:
    Probably, but only to sync up my phone to itunes and then i'll be off.

ReputationRep:
    Its one day of the year that is specifically about family. I think I can survive without internets for a day:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be at my grandparents; they don't have internets. :sad:

At home I probably do go on the computer at some point. Spending a whole day with other humans is too much.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure I've spent the majority of the last 10+ christmas's on my laptop or computer. People always sign onto msn or facebook to say merry christmas and notice I'm still on for the whole day.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to sit on my computer all day and then when I see someone online or post a comment on a forum I'm going to reply with: "What a loser! It's christmas day and you're on the internet! Loser!!!!!!!!"

ReputationRep:
    I'll definitely be on the computer/internet from ipod at some point. I'll go crazy if I spend all day with my family! We all tend to use it at some point, there's no harm to it in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably use it a bit less but I still be on TSR. My brother doesn't finish work until 5 tomorrow anyway, so we won't really be doing any Christmas stuff until then.

ReputationRep:
    I will be banished from using electronics by her majesty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I'll probably use it a bit less but I still be on TSR. My brother doesn't finish work until 5 tomorrow anyway, so we won't really be doing any Christmas stuff until then.
    I thought your signature said 'hairy cave' then.

ReputationRep:
    I won't be using mine on Christmas Day and I won't on Boxing Day either. We don't tend to watch tv for either of those days either actually, too much to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    In your household, is using the computer a no-go zone on Christmas day?
    Strictly family time so no computers on Christmas Day. interesting side note, Google's Christmas Logo must be the best one ever!

ReputationRep:
    When my relatives get here then I wont be but until then and after then I can go on the computer. Depends then if there is anything else I want to do rather than go on the computer. Then again, I'll probably be on the downstairs one setting up my mum's present at some point which is a webcam and microphone for Skype but I doubt I'll be doing anything I'd want to do (e.g. here and on facebook) when I'm doing this.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'll be at my Dad's so no internet but if I was at home I wouldn't anyway :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    Its one day of the year that is specifically about family. I think I can survive without internets for a day:rolleyes:
    and here was me thinking it was specifically about Jesus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ctarling)
    and here was me thinking it was specifically about Jesus.
    Haha! My bad, hey y'know what I mean....

ReputationRep:
    I want to see what bargains I can find :holmes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.