The Student Room Group

Going on computer on Christmas day?

In your household, is using the computer a no-go zone on Christmas day?

Scroll to see replies

Maybe, though there's no rule governing smart phones AFAIK! :awesome:
I won't be because I will be spending christmas with relatives. there is not even network coverage, let alone 3G coverage. I will spend the day without the internet :afraid:
Reply 3
When family are around and when we are eating dinner etc, but after everyone has gone home about 9ish then it's ok :smile:
Probably, but only to sync up my phone to itunes and then i'll be off.
Reply 5
Its one day of the year that is specifically about family. I think I can survive without internets for a day:rolleyes:
Reply 6
I'll be at my grandparents; they don't have internets. :sad:

At home I probably do go on the computer at some point. Spending a whole day with other humans is too much.
Pretty sure I've spent the majority of the last 10+ christmas's on my laptop or computer. People always sign onto msn or facebook to say merry christmas and notice I'm still on for the whole day.
I'm going to sit on my computer all day and then when I see someone online or post a comment on a forum I'm going to reply with: "What a loser! It's christmas day and you're on the internet! Loser!!!!!!!!"
Reply 9
I'll definitely be on the computer/internet from ipod at some point. I'll go crazy if I spend all day with my family! We all tend to use it at some point, there's no harm to it in my opinion.
Reply 10
I'll probably use it a bit less but I still be on TSR. My brother doesn't finish work until 5 tomorrow anyway, so we won't really be doing any Christmas stuff until then.
I will be banished from using electronics by her majesty.
Original post by Psyk
I'll probably use it a bit less but I still be on TSR. My brother doesn't finish work until 5 tomorrow anyway, so we won't really be doing any Christmas stuff until then.

I thought your signature said 'hairy cave' then.
I won't be using mine on Christmas Day and I won't on Boxing Day either. We don't tend to watch tv for either of those days either actually, too much to do!
Reply 14
Original post by kat2pult
In your household, is using the computer a no-go zone on Christmas day?

Strictly family time so no computers on Christmas Day. interesting side note, Google's Christmas Logo must be the best one ever!
Reply 15
When my relatives get here then I wont be but until then and after then I can go on the computer. Depends then if there is anything else I want to do rather than go on the computer. Then again, I'll probably be on the downstairs one setting up my mum's present at some point which is a webcam and microphone for Skype but I doubt I'll be doing anything I'd want to do (e.g. here and on facebook) when I'm doing this.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
No, I'll be at my Dad's so no internet but if I was at home I wouldn't anyway :erm:
Reply 17
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Its one day of the year that is specifically about family. I think I can survive without internets for a day:rolleyes:

and here was me thinking it was specifically about Jesus. :tongue:
Original post by ctarling
and here was me thinking it was specifically about Jesus. :tongue:

Haha! My bad, hey y'know what I mean....:tongue:
Reply 19
I want to see what bargains I can find :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending