The Student Room Group

PGCE Primary interview: MATHS test

I have an interview for PGCE Primary]and it involves a 30 minute maths test. We are allowed a calculator. Maths is not my strongest point, any advice on areas to study!? thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Try the BBC Bitesize site. I can't see it as being anything too difficult as it's primary! I read somewhere on here that the hardest question someone had was what's 15% of 80 or something!
Reply 2
Oh really! well that's a relief. I will just brush up on the basics then and hope for the best! Thanks
Reply 3
My maths test was quite a bit harder than that. It was 15 minutes, no calculator. There were various sections eg. first section was multpilication (59x88), addition, subtraction (2853-1338), division. The were questions such as 'sketch a x=y+1 graph...if a rectangular playground has a length of 12m with a perimiter of 54m what is its width and what is its area....what is 1/12 as a decimal.....if 5 pots of paint was enough for 12m of fence, how many pots of paint would 10m of fence need'
Reply 4
Thanks for the help! i have my interview with maths test tomorrow. Did you pass?
I agree with above, use BBC Bitesize are revise up to GCSE level and you'll be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending