The Student Room Group

Irregular Sleep patterns

Is there any way to break an irregular sleep pattern. for the past few nights (since doing an allnighter) ive been feeling really tired early on in the evening, going to bed at 5/6 and then waking up at 4am, (hence why im on now) unable to sleep. is there anyway to just break out of this vicious cycle?i have tried to stay up late and fall asleep at a more "normal" time but i can never manage as im just too tired.

PS what were 100 people (25% of the peak time amount) doing on at 4 in the morning?
elpaw
Is there any way to break an irregular sleep pattern. for the past few nights (since doing an allnighter) ive been feeling really tired early on in the evening, going to bed at 5/6 and then waking up at 4am, (hence why im on now) unable to sleep. is there anyway to just break out of this vicious cycle?i have tried to stay up late and fall asleep at a more "normal" time but i can never manage as im just too tired.

PS what were 100 people (25% of the peak time amount) doing on at 4 in the morning?

Hmm, awkward one as I've many a time been subject to the same trauma. No quick fix out of it.. you're going to HAVE to stay awake long enough so that you can sleep it off, 12 hour stylee.
elpaw

Yeah it's right now impossible to break the pattern I've got into and get into routine, so I'm up through the night, often not being that constructive, and at crucial times of the day like tutes I'm shattered. Been doing same as you, every other day.
Try Jools's medicine, formally known as Redbull... it not only gives him wings, but the ability to get slagged off in sweet17 mag!
Reply 4
onearmedscissor
Try Jools's medicine, formally known as Redbull... it not only gives him wings, but the ability to get slagged off in sweet17 mag!

sweet17 mag now? grown famous this one has.
Reply 5
elpaw

i know what you mean i have done it a couple of times too. i'm still at school so i have been able to break the pattern with little sleep one night, then school and busy all day so i don't sleep and then go to bed regular time. maybe you are not at school, but there is no easy way you haev to stay up.
Reply 6
http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=20902&highlight=irregular+sleep

Try that, it may help...Im not sure.

Sorry to hear that anyways, maybe you should go see a doctor or something, might be able to do something for you?
Reply 7
There are some weird things you can get from Boots accupressure plasters you stick them to the hollow on your wrist thats in line with your little finger and they make you sleep better. They stimulate your pressure points I thought they were wacky but they do work. And they are on sale in boots at the mo they are in the alternative therapy section.
count back from 300 but dont have a radio on when u do it
for the p[ast year i have had really bad sleepin patterns too. its makin me dead nasty one minute and fine as 9 the next. a typical monday to thursday wud be, monday night fall asleep at 12 midnight wake up at 3:30 and go back to sleep again at 6:00 for an hour and half. tuesday have a nap at 4 but not wake till 10 at night then sleep at 1am and wake at 4am. sit in bed and fall asleep at 7 o clock to wake again at 8. wednesday wont sleep at all until 4 in the mornin and get up at 8. thursday it kinda happenes all over again

iv tried everythin (except pils - i wont take pills for naythin) but nothin will cure my sleepin. :frown:

boohoo!
Kurdt Morello
count back from 300 but dont have a radio on when u do it

I tried counting backwards from 500 and concentrated so hard I ended up feeling less sleepy than I had started off with! (:
Reply 11
Have you tried accupressure plasters they make you go to sleep and they do make you sleep evenly I can actually get up in the morning now which is a minor miracle.
Reply 12
my problem isn't that i cant get to sleep, its that i sleep at different hours than what i should (i.e. 8pm->4am), it's like sleeping in a different time zone, or jet lag.
Reply 13
I was doing that all the time and then not feeling tired at night but if you put those plasters on at night they make me sleep all night too and it gets me back into a normal pattern.
you should probably try staying up until like a normal bed time and sleep 8 hours and force yourself to do it for a couple of days.
onearmedscissor

sweet17?? Please, please tell me you're joking...

Latest

Trending

Trending