The Student Room Group

Irregular period at 17?

Hey,
So for background info, I started my period when I was 13. Ever since then, my periods have been SUPER SUPER irregular.

For example, say i get my period in the first week of January. Then, I wouldn't get it for another 3 months. In those 3 months , over the few weeks, i'd have light on and off bleeding which is all over the place and NOT consistent in any way.

i know they say periods can be irregular in your first few years after getting it, but this is getting me quite worried.

Personally, I am the kind of person who doesn't even like saying the word 'period', therefore I don't really talk to anyone about this, especially a doctor or my mum coz i find it too awks.

Anyway, is there anything I can do to get it consistent or at least a consistent cycle or something because this makes me feel quite down and I don't want to talk to anyone about it.

Thanks
Reply 1
The only thing really is to go on the pill and that would regulate your bleeding.

I would encourage you to go and see your doctor. They are used to talking about anything and I'd be a little concerned by something like polycystic ovaries when your periods are that irregular. Doesn't sound like you are ovulating properly.
I also have a similar situation, I started my period at 12, now I am 17 and I only get my period once every 45 days.
Similar scenario for me started at 15 now 19 it’s at least every 2 months if not 3 but always more than 1 . Started a pill but bleed for a full month and was in intense agony for majority of that month… ig it depends what one u get

Quick Reply

Latest