The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by caraniel
Endings of both those shows just made me angry & disappointed :sigh:

The Clannad ending made me depressed for some reason, I think it was the coming of age thing in 'After Story' when just few episodes ago they were having fun in highschool and now they're experiencing adult life. (especially as I'm experiencing that now in my first year of uni)

Spoiler

The first half of Clannad After Story with all its minor character arcs didn't impress me at all, and ruined what should have been a stronger second half for me because I'd lost patience with it by that point. As a result, I have to say I prefer the Toei movie - it was a bit fast paced (unavoidable really, since it attempted to fit all of Clannad's main story into 1 hour 30 minutes), but I'd prefer that to painfully slow padding any day. :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7982
I've had the second season of Clannad to watch for a few years, but I know what happens so can't bring myself to watch, even if I also know the ending :nyoron:
Damn GotSpeed trolling the Mirai Nikki OP... pretty good piano playing though, it has to be said. :p:
Reply 7984
but i wanted the normal opening :frown:
Original post by vin
but i wanted the normal opening :frown:

Yeah, I'll probably end up listening to the full version a few times afterwards to make up for it, but it's not quite the same. Hearing it at the start of each ep somehow gets me in the right mood for watching the carnage that follows. :sadnod:
Reply 7986
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Yeah, I'll probably end up listening to the full version a few times afterwards to make up for it, but it's not quite the same. Hearing it at the start of each ep somehow gets me in the right mood for watching the carnage that follows. :sadnod:

I went and found the op on youtube anyway :mmm:

:unimpressed: They did it with the ED too

yuno is messed up...

deus going "HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" :rofl:
(edited 12 years ago)
Damn GotSpeed trolling the Mirai Nikki OP... pretty good piano playing though, it has to be said. :p:

So that's what it was! although the ED wasn't as bad.
Reply 7988
I'm confusing this thread with the on-topic one. :tongue:
Reply 7989
Original post by Aiko

No ponies on this page to tell the difference :sadnod:
Reply 7990
Original post by Truered
No ponies on this page to tell the difference :sadnod:

Except those in your signature (although, of course, said ponies have probably graced the on-topic thread as well). :tongue:
Reply 7991
:borat:

Original post by Aiko

I wasn't sure the trolling of a particular fansub group's release was worth posting about in the ontopic thread, and the earlier discussions were mostly Naami, Abdullah0 and Cara's doing. :p:

Ontopic was pretty active yesterday, though, which was great to see. :biggrin:
im looking forward to ep 10 :teeth:

i remember gotwoot trolling that oniichan show with what is love and bad romance :rofl: was quite fitting :p:
Original post by Truered
I've had the second season of Clannad to watch for a few years, but I know what happens so can't bring myself to watch, even if I also know the ending :nyoron:

watch it anyways :poke:

it made me bawl like a baby :s-smilie:
Reply 7995
Original post by eugenius 8
watch it anyways :poke:

it made me bawl like a baby :s-smilie:

Original post by Tabris
I figure it's better posting this here since it was going OT in that thread.

Guessing you ordered from HS or something?

Also, you say it'll be your last one; but it won't be. I thought I was done with buying that sort of thing a few years ago. Unfortunately, I recently re-opened that can of worms, among other things (massive error) :awesome:.

What nendo did you order?

nah ordered it from here

http://www.anime-export.com/product/7347

:colondollar:

i used to get it from HS or HLJ but when i found out about the gift thing, they didnt do it so i changed to the guys above :p:

nope tis definitely my last one, ive been tempted before last couple of months but i didnt add cart :proud: i have better things to spend my money on :p:

If it's above a certain value, they will, but the threshold is slightly higher. I always forget the exact amount, but I think £30 for non-gift and £40 for a gift usually works as a rough-ish guide.

ah right i see, but im more worried about the parcel force handling charge :p: those bastards :angry:
Original post by Truered

:lolwut: lol
Original post by eugenius 8
im looking forward to ep 10 :teeth:

i remember gotwoot trolling that oniichan show with what is love and bad romance :rofl: was quite fitting :p:

I didn't watch that, so my first (obvious) experience of their trolling was the small mature content warning at the start of Mirai Nikki 9, which 'apparently' they had to include by order of the FCC. :giggle:

As long as the trolling doesn't affect my viewing, I'm happy to continue with their subs due to their fast releases and decent translations. But if they keep getting more ridiculous, I'll probably switch to Commie.
I didn't watch that, so my first (obvious) experience of their trolling was the small mature content warning at the start of Mirai Nikki 9, which 'apparently' they had to include by order of the FCC. :giggle:

As long as the trolling doesn't affect my viewing, I'm happy to continue with their subs due to their fast releases and decent translations. But if they keep getting more ridiculous, I'll probably switch to Commie.

its ep 7 if youre wandering :p:

i dont really mind as long as its kept at the op/ed

Latest