The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Just noticed something on crunchyroll "The cast of death note reunite for the ultimate Gambler Kaiji" :mad: what the ****ign **** is this, that guy is far too young and baby faced to be the bold kaiji :mad:
Original post by Juno
I think someone has stolen all of my left socks.

:lolwut:
Subject GET, though its pretty weak compared to sustainable nuclear. I'll be looking at biodiversity in the UK, and how everything focuses on conserving higher animals and to a lesser extent plants, ignoring fungi and other things that are pretty important if not pretty looking. :yes:
Reply 1183
Original post by vin
Just noticed something on crunchyroll "The cast of death note reunite for the ultimate Gambler Kaiji" :mad: what the ****ign **** is this, that guy is far too young and baby faced to be the bold kaiji :mad:

The Kaiji movie was actually pretty decent, although not a patch on the zawa-zawaness of the anime :p:
Happy chinese new year!!!!!!!!!! :awesome:

Who else woke up to delicious buns and my 3 year old cousin's adorable high pitched giggle? :love:
Reply 1185
Original post by caraniel

The Kaiji movie was actually pretty decent, although not a patch on the zawa-zawaness of the anime :p:

that guy looks like a terrible kaiji :hmpf: just look at that nose!:unimpressed:
Original post by vin
that guy looks like a terrible kaiji :hmpf: just look at that nose!:unimpressed:

Reply 1187
Original post by vin

The normal noses were the major source of disappointment, otherwise since your man is a pretty decent actor he was a fairly solid Kaiji.....has to be said that the movie adds lots of randomness into the plot - there's even a woman! :shock:
Reply 1188
AJ your avatar is disturbing me. Not only because its Kyuubey the font of all evil, but also because Day is currently using the same avatar for Twitter & Skype - tis throwing me a bit......its like Kyuubey is stalking me! :afraid:
Reply 1189
Original post by vin
message from crunchyroll :mmm:

look:puppyeyes:

Yes, yes. MSN Meebo? :smile:
Reply 1191

Zawa (as in humming)? I've never heard (or read) anyone using this word in this context. :giggle:
Reply 1192
Original post by AngryJellyfish
[scrollr][/scrollr]

Oh holy crap! :zomg:
Reply 1193
Original post by AngryJellyfish
[scrollr][/scrollr]

Maybe I should make some avatars for this series. Tell me the scene you want and I'll do it. :smile:
Reply 1194
Original post by Aiko
Zawa (as in humming)? I've never heard (or read) anyone using this word in this context. :giggle:

Zawa-zawa was the noise the tension music kept making the Kaiji anime - the BGM was just full of muttered zawa-zawa's so its kind of my lasting impression of the series :laugh: Don't think I'm the only one though, whenever Kaiji is brought up someone always mentions the 'zawa-zawa' :p:
Reply 1195
Zawa-zawa was the noise the tension music kept making the Kaiji anime - the BGM was just full of muttered zawa-zawa's so its kind of my lasting impression of the series :laugh: Don't think I'm the only one though, whenever Kaiji is brought up someone always mentions the 'zawa-zawa' :p:

Ah, the BGM; that makes more sense. The word 'zawa' is essentially like a humming sound when spoken. I just found it amusing that you'd describe a series in this way. :giggle:
Reply 1196
Original post by Aiko
Ah, the BGM; that makes more sense. The word 'zawa' is essentially like a humming sound when spoken. I just found it amusing that you'd describe a series in this way. :giggle:

I can imagine that being quite a confusing way to describe a series to a native speaker :giggle:

I'm hoping that the 2nd series of Kaiji keeps the 'zawa-zawaness' though, it was awesome :biggrin:
Reply 1197
I'm hoping that the 2nd series of Kaiji keeps the 'zawa-zawaness' though, it was awesome :biggrin:

As much as I liked the OST/BGM in Kaiji, I preferred Taniuchi's score for Akagi, and the series in general. :tongue:

Anyway, I'm sorry to read that your RSI is flaring up again. I hope it gets better soon. :hugs:

Original post by Aiko
Happy Chinese New Year. Off to Chinatown tonight to celebrate with a few ABC friends. :smile:

:awesome: To you too.

It's my half Chinese housemates birthday today, so we are apparently going to this new club in town as a joint celebration, and letting off some chinese lanterns too. If all goes to plan...
Reply 1199
When you think of Kaiji you think of noses and zawa-zawa :mmm:
The normal noses were the major source of disappointment, otherwise since your man is a pretty decent actor he was a fairly solid Kaiji.....has to be said that the movie adds lots of randomness into the plot - there's even a woman! :shock:

how dare they:unimpressed: women do not belong in kaiji :hmmm: and neither do pretty boy actors :unimpressed: Infact since there was a woman working in a shop for all of 5 mins she belongs in it more than that guy!
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest