The Student Room Group

Free Movement Of Goods - EU help

Hi guys, can anyone give me any points to what i can put in this? This is two of the questions from my seminar work which im kinda confused with! Many thanks!

Outline the problems in the pre-Keck case law. How did the Court address them in Keck?

How has the Court interpreted the concepts “selling arrangements” and “discrimination in fact” in its post-Keck case law? What is the role of market access in the Court’s reasoning?
Reply 1
Read DeBurca. I am guessing you go to Swansea since this is one of the seminar questions for the week =P. I have not answered the question yet, but I know there is a detailed section in the required reading in DeBurca on Keck/before and after. Also if you attended the lecture, Keck was gone over in quite a lot of detail so just refer to your notes from that lecture to point you in the right direction.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by saiwa
Read DeBurca. I am guessing you go to Swansea since this is one of the seminar questions for the week =P. I have not answered the question yet, but I know there is a detailed section in the required reading in DeBurca on Keck/before and after. Also if you attended the lecture, Keck was gone over in quite a lot of detail so just refer to your notes from that lecture to point you in the right direction.

yeah im in swan uni! lol
Thanks, just looked at my notes and it was there!:P
I recommend Barnard "The Four Freedoms" - she sets everything out so clearly, you genuinely don't notice how confusing it actually is.

As for pre-Keck, think about how wide the Dassonville formula made MEEs and the amount of litigation as a result...
Two years on, and they're still using the same seminar questions, how lazy! I am stuck on it right now, hahaha! Some things never change. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending