The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Usually if they ask for AAA it means they want at least an A grade in each subject you take. Whilst in terms of UCAS points A*AB would equate to AAB as would A*A*C, the fact would remain that in one subject, you did not reach the requested standard and strictly speaking the medical school would be under no obligation to accept you. It would then have to boil down to as to whether or not the medical school has places left or if you were very strong at interview and/or if there were factors that affected your performance.

Otherwise given the pressure on places I would say if you don't meet the terms of your offer you won't be attending that medical school.

I would just say work hard and make sure you reach the required standard in each of your subjects.
Reply 21
Original post by Egypt
I very rarely comment on application business as I am very aware that I applied 10 years ago and a lot has changed. We did the old style a levels, didn't UAE entrance exs such as bmat etc and GEP courses did not exist. What I will say is that when I sat kn interview panels and we discussed whether to give offers we decided there and then whether to accept if they missed their grades. If they were an excellent applicant and interviewed really well it was not unusual to decide to give the candidate a place even if they missed their grades.
Thanks mate! :wink:
Reply 22
Original post by Domo-Kun
So basically If they offer AAA
and you get A*AB?

Would there be any chance of getting accepted or is it set in stone?
Just curious, thanks.

hey! guess what; I got A*AB in maths, chem and bio respectively. I applied last year as well and failed to gain a place. I do not know if it is wise to reapply to a medical school with these grades.

Latest

Trending

Trending