The Student Room Group

Got my exam timetable...woopee!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .snowflake.
I'm doing german at AS this year. Fun, but hard work. DEfinately much more of an emphasis on learning vocab, than grammar this year. At GCSE the listening isnt too bad. If you're keeping French/Spanish/Russian/whatever to AS, DONT completely neglect it between your last language exam and going back in september.

Just have to get through the exams, 3 weeks off after my last exam (AS Chemistry Unit 2), start A2's, decide that I definately am NOT taking maths next year. Finish summer term, then a week in Berlin at the end of July!

I will remember the advise, I'm doing french for AS next year.
I have 12 exams, my last one is History, and that's one of the late ones...22nd June :frown:
SO not looking forward to statistics! I can't remember anything from it....

Oh! and latin before that as well D:

haven't done any exams yet, except for modules last year :frown: i wish my school didn't make us do all of them at the same time, and spread them out over year 11 :frown:(( now it seems like all the teachers are rushing to finish coursework and the syllabus- we aren't even going to finish learning all of physics p6 :frown: home ec has to be in for 2 weeks and i'm only on my second practical, and same with art!!!!!!

aargh!
finally got my exam time table :biggrin:

only 33 exams :/
Original post by Natalie21
finally got my exam time table :biggrin:

only 33 exams :/

:eek: Only...
Original post by scireamortente
:eek: Only...

I know its awful, other people have more in my school!
I know its awful, other people have more in my school!

How many subjects are you guys doing? I'm among the people that have a lot as I'm taking two extra subjects. Have you started revising then, with that many exams? Good luck. :smile:
How many subjects are you guys doing? I'm among the people that have a lot as I'm taking two extra subjects. Have you started revising then, with that many exams? Good luck. :smile:

We're doing 12 to 15 gcses and 1 to 3 as levels. Not really but I've worked hard throughout the year. What about you? Thank you and you too :biggrin:
We're doing 12 to 15 gcses and 1 to 3 as levels. Not really but I've worked hard throughout the year. What about you? Thank you and you too :biggrin:

Well, altogether I'm doing 12 gcses but ict and drama is like basically all coursework, so unless you count the drama practical then no exams there, I've done a few exams before now, so that counts I guess. My school doesn't have people generally doing as levels at this stage. I kind of regret not doing much revision at half term, I'm going to have to try hard this holiday. I guess if you work hard in general you don't need to worry.
I'm in Year 10, but my school spreads quite a lot of the exams over the 2 years but this summer I only have 2 which is Geography A3 Human Environment on the 24th of June and AQA Mathematics Unit 1 on the 13th.
Well, altogether I'm doing 12 gcses but ict and drama is like basically all coursework, so unless you count the drama practical then no exams there, I've done a few exams before now, so that counts I guess. My school doesn't have people generally doing as levels at this stage. I kind of regret not doing much revision at half term, I'm going to have to try hard this holiday. I guess if you work hard in general you don't need to worry.

I'm doing 12 gcses (but ICT and Graphics are 100% coursework). Then I'm doing AS engineering and critical thinking which both have exams. I've only done one exam so far, which was critical thinking. I'm going to start proper revision today although at the moment we are still under so.much burden from syllabus work and coursework.
I've got 8 (but excluding the AS and retakes, I actually only have 7)

- English Paper 1/Paper 2
- Citizenship
- Maths AS C1
- English Literature
- Science Modular's (Structured and Multiple choice) Chemistry and Biology retakes
- Geography Unit 2 Physical

Last exam is Geography on the Friday 17th!
...I have 22 exams to sit.... =(

English Language Papers 1 & 2
English Literature Papers 1 & 2
Maths Paper 2 & 4
Chinese Oral 1, Listening 2, Writing 3, Reading 4
History
Geography Papers 1, 2, 4
Physics Papers 2 and 4
Chemistry Papers 2 and 4
Biology papers 2 and 4
Graphics Design

IGCSEs can go screw themselves, seriously.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Thatstudentdude
I have 12 exams, my last one is History, and that's one of the late ones...22nd June :frown:

Ugh History, I'm going to have a dead hand afterwards got 2 hour RE exam followed by a history exam. Thats a minimum of 4 essays to write.
Original post by N0body
Ugh History, I'm going to have a dead hand afterwards got 2 hour RE exam followed by a history exam. Thats a minimum of 4 essays to write.

Ha unlucky man! :smile: Checking my timetable...I don't actually think I've got two exams on one same day...woop! :smile:
Reply 35
Mine is really good, but I'm only doing 3 academic subjects (I'm doing Photography too.. for some reason..)

My first exam is on 23rd May- Eng Lit
Then I have the half term to CRAM CRAM CRAM any last minute revision and stuff
Then on the Monday we go back I have my Eng lang exam, and the next day I have my Psychology exam. So I have a really long break from the 7th June :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest