The Student Room Group

I'm failing my year 10 mocks.

I'm usually a very good student at school and I always try my best. However 4 weeks prior to the exam I got extreme anxiety and it felt like even opening my revision book felt daunting. So I unintentionally procrastinated and now I'm here. So far I am trying to salvage my exams by revising hours in the evening prior to my next exam. Going forward I want to get better grades and recover from this mess. I would greatly appreciate any advice to bounce back from this or any perspectives on this.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by RedForestSprite
I'm usually a very good student at school and I always try my best. However 4 weeks prior to the exam I got extreme anxiety and it felt like even opening my revision book felt daunting. So I unintentionally procrastinated and now I'm here. So far I am trying to salvage my exams by revising hours in the evening prior to my next exam. Going forward I want to get better grades and recover from this mess. I would greatly appreciate any advice to bounce back from this or any perspectives on this.
Hi there,

I think it's important to give yourself some appreciation - you are trying to take positive steps to improve in areas where you need to.

I would recommend drafting yourself a revision timetable, as then you will have set days and times where you know you will get some work done, and this will relax your mind as you won't be feeling pressured to start when you think about doing some studying.

I also found it helpful to teach a family member, who's willing to listen! As by teaching something it solidifies the topic in your head better.

Good luck with studying and I hope this advice helps.
You're only Yr10, it's ok you've got plenty of time until the real exams. I agree with a revision timetable - make it reasonable, don't stay up all night revising so you're exhausted the next day! On the days you can't stand to open a book watch a youtube video - I watched a lot of Primrose kitten, Mr Salles and The maths tutor. On the days you do feel motivated make the most of it and do some past papers.
Make sure you look after your mental health as well, give yourself some time off to do things that you enjoy and look after yourself. Eat, sleep and exercise as well as you can. Consider talking to someone at school about your anxiety, get some help if you can.

Quick Reply

Latest