The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Are Hertfordshire lenient...?

I'm a bit worried that I might not get enough Ucas points to get in. Say I need 260 but I get 240 will they go easy on me? i applied to economics

heard of any past stories that relate to it?
or know just from youself?

please help!

thanks for your time :smile:
Depends, did you have a good PS?

Also, have you done any work experience - have any references from employers included in the application?
Did you take any (non qualification or qualification) courses outside school?
Did you get good grades for your GCSEs?

All that will determine if you get accepted despite not being able to reach the conditional offer.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Not anymore, hardly anyone got in last year that missed their offer.
Reply 3
Original post by Marco Ben
I'm a bit worried that I might not get enough Ucas points to get in. Say I need 260 but I get 240 will they go easy on me? i applied to economics

heard of any past stories that relate to it?
or know just from youself?

please help!

thanks for your time :smile:

They are generally very strict! Hertfordshire used to be quite lenient towards UCAS points but since last year they have been really strict on UCAS points. I would advise you to just do you best and try to get those 260 points because the economics degrees at herts are quite popular. It's hard to say and really depends on the degree, generally I'd think if you are just 10 points of they would still take you but if there are loads of people to take the place for you then they will look at all the other 260s first.
Same situation i applied for economics aswell i reckon i will get a B/A BE - E in art >.>
Reply 5
I have a conditional for Herts that requires 45 merits on the Access course.

I emailed the Humanities Admissions tutor and asked if there was any flexibility at all and he said no!
He said that they have had record numbers of applicants and so they are asking for the highest grades that they can and they are sticking to them, there are no allowances at all :-(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending