The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City University accomodation

Anyone being offered a place in City Uni?
Which accomodation you guys chose? i'm still in a dilemma....:frown:
the website was updated....
and the accomodation fees for 2011/12 session are real expensive....
which accomodation to choose?
Liberty?
Derwent?
WIllen?
or?
:tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by qhlc25
Anyone being offered a place in City Uni?
Which accomodation you guys chose? i'm still in a dilemma....:frown:
the website was updated....
and the accomodation fees for 2011/12 session are real expensive....
which accomodation to choose?
Liberty?
Derwent?
WIllen?
or?
:tongue:

I can only go for Liberty Court as my course starts 1st september. I have to pay an extra £360 though to move in 2 weeks earlier!! NOT happy about them chaning accomm and the price increase of a min £2,600 :frown:
I am excited about starting in September though, just a shame about the accomm!
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
The Liberty Court accomodation is pretty amazing. You might want to look at going into a private halls of residence if you want somewhere cheaper. There are a lot in the surrounding areas which are generally cheaper.
Reply 3
i am perfectly lost... and going crazy... i dont know which to choose... yes, i had checked about liberty court... i am ok with it.. but u guys got any idea about nido student accomomodation? from the photo galley they are pretty cool... and the price range from £255 - 285 for a studio room...:>

what about Unite living? are they okay?

i am still wondring which one to choose.. please help....
Reply 4
I am so shocked with their prices!! I've been looking at Liberty Hall too! So the one worth 170 pounds a week will be an en suite right?

Talk about expensive :P
Reply 5
Original post by Spain'93
I am so shocked with their prices!! I've been looking at Liberty Hall too! So the one worth 170 pounds a week will be an en suite right?

Talk about expensive :P

Only Liberty Hall is ensuite, Liberty Court (at the same price) is shared
It's ridiculous!
Reply 6
yes... its really expensive for the 2011/12 term.
So anyone had decided which accommodation to choose?
anyone have any idea that, is it save to stay with Unite which is not an accommodation provider through City Uni?
i'm still thinking which should i choose.
i am being offered a conditional offer and this offer will determine by my final year result which will only be available around end of August. i am so worry if i got rejected, no idea whether the deposit for accommodation is refndable or not...
HELP>>................
Reply 7
Original post by qhlc25
yes... its really expensive for the 2011/12 term.
So anyone had decided which accommodation to choose?
anyone have any idea that, is it save to stay with Unite which is not an accommodation provider through City Uni?
i'm still thinking which should i choose.
i am being offered a conditional offer and this offer will determine by my final year result which will only be available around end of August. i am so worry if i got rejected, no idea whether the deposit for accommodation is refndable or not...
HELP>>................

I am going to choose Liberty Court. I think liberty court and liberty hall only provides for City uni, the unite one, I am not sure but it should say on Unites website
If you dont get in you do get your deposit back but you must inform them in writing and/or e-mail. And dont leave it to late, do it asap. But e-mail city accomm and ask, they are very helpful :smile:
Reply 8
Liberty Court is my only option as I start in September. Kinda sucks but not too big a deal, as long as I have a bed and a shower thats all I need :3
Reply 9
I rang them today and they said that the website is correct. We need to apply for accomodation and soon they will send us all application forms asking for which accom we want etc.
Reply 10
i did try to email the student accommodation services... they are instead quite helpful but lots of information they cant provide me... i asked them, if i choose east central house which the provider is Unite, and if i not satisfy with it, can i switch to another Unite accommodation, since its stated in City website that we will be signing a contract with Unite instead of City... they cannot provide me an answer for this.... :<
any idea when do we need to pay deposit for accommodation then?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by looserlucy
Liberty Court is my only option as I start in September. Kinda sucks but not too big a deal, as long as I have a bed and a shower thats all I need :3

Liberty court is the only one avaible in September??? omg Im starting 1st september where did you find out about this??
Reply 12
Big let down for accomodation, no longer firming city :redface:, too expensive to live there.
Reply 13
Original post by DDS
Big let down for accomodation, no longer firming city :redface:, too expensive to live there.

i have no choice because i am an international student, so i must stay at the accommodation provides by City Law School.
sigh for myself...
Reply 14
Original post by DDS

same
going to go to LCC or brunel instead
city is a joke.
Reply 15
its so BLOODY EXPENSIVE!
i had no idea!
i got an offer for cass business school . i would love to acept but heck no im not payin 170 a week
Reply 16
Original post by mimilini09
its so BLOODY EXPENSIVE!
i had no idea!
i got an offer for cass business school . i would love to acept but heck no im not payin 170 a week

Same here I got an offer as well! In that case what are you planning to do ?
Reply 17
Can anyone suggest any better accommodations around Cass Business School for post graduate students???? For Sept intake!!! Going for Msc in Insurance and Risk Management
Reply 18
im not going city uni lol i might put manchester or nott trent as firm. not decided yet!
Reply 19
i have just accepted an offer from cass for Msc in actuarial science. i would like to apply for accommodation at cass but i cant find out how to apply. can anyone help me and give me some more information about the options i have for accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending