The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City University accomodation

Scroll to see replies

I got an offer from City, but I am not quite sure if I'll go there... accommodation gets more expensive than fees, ridiculous! :biggrin:
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Coming from Scotland down to London last year, I got the fright of my life when I realised what the living costs were... But take it from me, you pay for what you get i.e. The difference between a £200pw room in Tottenham Hale and a £250pw room in Central London is worth every penny!

Just avoid unite like the plague though no matter where you stay... If they are as bad down in London as they are in Aberdeen, they're to be given a wide berth.
Reply 22
Original post by Mintie93
Liberty court is the only one avaible in September??? omg Im starting 1st september where did you find out about this??

Need someone to confirm this asap.

I start radiotherapy and oncology on the 1st september :s-smilie:
Reply 23
Original post by gradu
Need someone to confirm this asap.

I start radiotherapy and oncology on the 1st september :s-smilie:

This is true, I called up admissions first years (undergrads) are most likely to get liberty court, liberty hall is for mostly post grads 2nd years etc etc
Reply 24
Original post by gonzalez7
This is true, I called up admissions first years (undergrads) are most likely to get liberty court, liberty hall is for mostly post grads 2nd years etc etc

Damn, talk about going to be expensive! Thank you for the reply :>
Reply 25
Original post by abbsnidz
Can anyone suggest any better accommodations around Cass Business School for post graduate students???? For Sept intake!!! Going for Msc in Insurance and Risk Management

I am trying to get hold on Nido or Urbanest. Both are crazy expensive! I'll be going (most probably) to Cass for Msc Management this Sep.
Reply 26
hey i'm starting this september at city , and i saw that the resident halls are way too expensive . i found a private house 4 bedrooms it's 1500 pounds a month that's like 87 pounds/student/week . will 3 of you join me? the property is in totenham
Reply 27
Hi,

I'm from Ireland so not sure on areas is that near city? Are thet double rooms? I'll be starting a post grad in nursing so looking for something near city.

Mairead
Hey,

Any links to the property online? And will it require tube travel to get to City in Islington (also unfamiliar with London localés)?

Thanks,
Chris
Reply 29
Hi!
I got an offer for BSc Banking and International Finance and want to accept it but the problem is the halls are too expensive for me... I'm looking for some private housing, flat or sth similar to share.
Has any1 thought about such a solution? Do u know some good pages to look for accomodation?
And is anyone interested in sharing a flat/house etc?
Cheers :smile:
Reply 30
yes you have to take the tube, it's in northen london. but you can't find this kind of price near city. it's 25minutes to city.
Reply 32
guys found the perfect house 5 bedrooms, 5min on foot to city 120/130 pounds/week . send me a pm if you're interested to share
Reply 33
Original post by emicu04
guys found the perfect house 5 bedrooms, 5min on foot to city 120/130 pounds/week . send me a pm if you're interested to share

E-mailed :smile:

Chris
hey guys, any one coming to the open day June 25th?

I'm looking for accommodation too. I've been flat-sharing in london for 2 years now but mostly with professionals (ie older people, about 40-50yrs old) but I want to spend the next (few) years living with people alike (ie young people). I dont want to stay in halls coz it's way too over priced. I cant help feeling being ripped off so I'm not going there :biggrin:

what i propose is we meeting each other on the open day, if you guys are coming. i finish my last exams on 23rd so will definitely coming anyway. we can get to know each other and perhaps this may lead to something. you know what i mean.

I have offer for business studies btw :biggrin: would love to know people from other courses as well :biggrin:
Reply 36
That sounds reasonable! I'm also coming to the open day on 25th, so we have to meet :smile:
Original post by emicu04

There's three bedrooms available at this property so if someone wants to join us send me a pm or email at [email protected] :smile: the whole open day thing sounds like a good idea but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it that day... and this is in an ideal location for a much fairer price than halls so it might be best to try and get it while we can :biggrin:

We can always get to know each other through Facebook or some such medium... maybe we could set up a group for people looking for alternative accommodation?
Reply 38
Would love to meet up with people. Can try and fly over for the day to meet ye. I'm cross eyed at the mo from looking up accomm.
Ok guys and gals, found this which seems perfect, 5 or 6 bedroom houses available from August/September, all around £130ish p/w (per person). I reckon though, if they're not already gone, we should probably move fast 'cause they look to be in a prime location for other unis too. If anyone is seriously interested my email is above, or you can find me on Facebook under Chris Wharfe (dunno if there's a few of me, but I'm the one with Spiderman), and we can sort something out. I'll hopefully be going to the open day now too, but like I say these might not be around for long (if they are at all - I'm emailing now to inquire)! :smile:

http://gwstudentrentals.co.uk/2/Student-Accommodation-London.html
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending