The Student Room Group

How easy is it to get a B grade at GCSE Maths if you feel that you suck at it?

??

I generally do try with it, maybe I could put more time into it but yeah in terms of doing alright in the exam (obvs I am going to revise etc)
(edited 13 years ago)
If you work at it you can achieve good grades. If you don't put the effort in then you won't achieve good grades.
60% of the time, it works, every time.
I was pretty poor at maths but if you go through the past papers the same questions keep coming up. I just did loads of past papers, became used to the style of questions they ask and I got an A.
what is up with all the neg? Its true, you work hard at a subject then you are obviously gonna get good grades :wtf:
Original post by Ilikesandwiches

??

I generally do try with it, maybe I could put more time into it but yeah in terms of doing alright in the exam (obvs I am going to revise etc)

just remember you get points for your working out. As long as you show that then you should get marks even if your answer is wrong. The key thing is to revise. I wasn't all that great at maths my original marking got me a B, and after remarking I got an A. So even if you feel like you suck at it does usually does turn out to be your best result :/
Reply 6
??

try mathswatch
Reply 7
I got a B and wasn't that good. Just work overtime and revise.
Reply 8
I got a B and my teacher used to laugh at me because of how little work I put in.
I used to cruise through maths up until year 11 when we didn't have teacher throughout the year and ended up with a C, screwing up my college choices and 4 years of good work ffs
Hey mate,

Last year I was taking IGCSE maths and I felt pretty stuck at it at times, but I would try, so its classic but, basically, as long as you try your best and study study study, a grade B is not out of reach whatsoever. I was working at a grade D/C level, and I found this website, http://www.conquermaths.com/ and I must admit it was of excellent help to me. Subscription fees are required but there are video tutorials which helped me understand everything so easily. Made the whole course seem like kid stuff. Just put in time and effort, and you will be rewarded. I ended up with a B :smile:

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest