Chemistry: 7
Physics: 8 (I scraped that by 1%…)
RE: 7
English lit: 7
English lang: 7
Geography: 9
Food tech: 8 (irrelevant icl)
Art: 8 (idc about this either)

How do I improve my english, sciences, RE and maths? I am panicking a bit because I realised I have less than 3 months now. For maths, I’m kind if just doing random questions until I find a topic i suck at, and then go over it, but I feel like my further maths is a bit doomed. For sciences, I genuinely don’t think my mock results were accurate they were probably all 7s… right now all I am doing for science is this thing called seneca, where you just go thru topic by topic. for english and RE, they literally told me they used low grade boundaries, so those results are skewed 😭 and I suck at english, and I suck at RE. how can I improve these all to 8s and 9s?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by B_____
My December mocks were:
Maths: 8 (barely scraped that one)
Further maths: 7
Biology: 8

How do I improve my english, sciences, RE and maths? I am panicking a bit because I realised I have less than 3 months now. For maths, I’m kind if just doing random questions until I find a topic i suck at, and then go over it, but I feel like my further maths is a bit doomed. For sciences, I genuinely don’t think my mock results were accurate they were probably all 7s… right now all I am doing for science is this thing called seneca, where you just go thru topic by topic. for english and RE, they literally told me they used low grade boundaries, so those results are skewed 😭 and I suck at english, and I suck at RE. how can I improve these all to 8s and 9s?

Firstly, those are an amazing set of mock results, you should be very proud of yourself.
I would recommend using past papers in addition to Seneca for science as these will help with your exam technique and specificity.
Religious Studies I would really recommend creating mind maps and figuring out key quotations that you can use for multiple topics, then learning those.
Learn your maths formulae and then just do lots and lots of past paper questions, textbook questions and if you get something wrong, learn from it, correct and redo at a later stage.
English literature I really recommend creating essay plans again where you have some general quotations that you know are going to work for many different essay titles that you are given. For poetry, go over the poems in your own time, see what analysis you can pull from various poems and what you think will help you get an 8 or 9. Talk to your teacher about English, see if you can get them to mark some practice essays that you do, but get them to mark harshly, like they were an examiner.
English language create mind maps of ideas of what you might be able to do, especially for the piece of free writing, taking a few seconds to create a rough plan in an exam will really help. I did edexcel iGCSE for my GCSEs and I found that if I did the easy questions first (short answers of comprehension) then transactional writing and back to finish the comprehension, I would get a higher mark than if I only did the comprehension and ran out of time to finish my transactional writing.
Once again, you have a few months till your GCSEs, if mind maps don't work maybe try blurting on a page what you know, then using your notes to fill in any gaps, or quizlet.
Original post by B_____
My December mocks were:
Maths: 8 (barely scraped that one)
Further maths: 7
Biology: 8

Ask your teachers about the most effective revision techniques for each subject as they do vary. Generally doing past papers is very good and for science I found it helpful to watch primrose kitten and freesciencelessons before doing practise questions.

Quick Reply

Latest