The Student Room Group

Three year old toddler who weighs NINE-AND-A-HALF stone

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Hes the cutest little thing ever.

That will stop being cute though so he best get on a treadmill. My cousin was/is a fat child and getting a child to lose weight is so difficult, but it needs to be done. The sooner the better, that weight can't be good for his bones and joints, let alone his heart.
Reply 101
Apparently his parents use 1/4 of their income just on his food...
I do blame the parents. They give him mounds of food because he gets upset if he can't have it. That's ridiculous. My kids ask me for a snack, I let them have a snack. ONE small snack a day (maybe a packet of quavers for example). They ask me for another snack, I say no. They ask me again, I say no. They whinge, moan, etc. I still say no. "Wait for dinner time", is the standard phrase given, it's quite simple. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you can't just give in to a child's every demand. The poor lad, he's heading for an early grave like that.

Incidentally, just as a side point, a 3 year old is not a toddler, he's a little boy. I have a 3 year old son (who weighs 2 stone 7lbs by the way :wink: ) and he's most DEFINITELY not a toddler. He ceased to be a toddler prior to being two. It drives me wild when papers call 3 year olds 'toddlers', and they do it so often! My 18 month old son is a toddler, not my 3 year old, it's ridiculous it's like calling a 90 year old 'middle aged'.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending