The Student Room Group

Graduation

So I have just finished university and will be graduating soon, however, I am stuck on who to invite. I am only allowed to invite three people, however, through what is kind of a long story I have accidentally invited four: my best friend, my sister, my sisters husband, and my 3 year old niece. So I need to tell one of them they are not invited and I don’t know who or how. I’m not overly close with her husband so it’s not personally important to me that he’s there but I think my sister might not want to control a toddler single-handedly in a quiet ceremony. I could uninvited my niece as she won’t know what’s even happening but then my sister has to find a babysitter and I just generally want her there. It might be simpler to uninvited my friend so I’m not inviting half a family and also I feel bad making my friend sit with people she doesn’t really know for a while, but I also really want her there. Any advice is welcome, thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I have just finished university and will be graduating soon, however, I am stuck on who to invite. I am only allowed to invite three people, however, through what is kind of a long story I have accidentally invited four: my best friend, my sister, my sisters husband, and my 3 year old niece. So I need to tell one of them they are not invited and I don’t know who or how. I’m not overly close with her husband so it’s not personally important to me that he’s there but I think my sister might not want to control a toddler single-handedly in a quiet ceremony. I could uninvited my niece as she won’t know what’s even happening but then my sister has to find a babysitter and I just generally want her there. It might be simpler to uninvited my friend so I’m not inviting half a family and also I feel bad making my friend sit with people she doesn’t really know for a while, but I also really want her there. Any advice is welcome, thank you.

I wouldn't worry about this, i would imagine that having a 3 year old sit on their lap will be fine and thus avoid having to use 4 seats or you could just say that they need to mention they couldn't find a child-minder for the date in question.

Otherwise go for a drink after and invite your friend to that instead?
Reply 2
See if anyone is inviting less than 3 people and has a spare ticket.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Are children allowed at the ceremony?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending