The Student Room Group

A levels or ACCESS to HE for English Literature.

Salutations, I am weighing up my options for next year after I have retaken my math GCSE(I am sitting the higher paper this year, albeit self-learning it.) in hopes of passing it come June. I retook my English last year and came out with an A*/8.

Originally, I wanted to pursue law; however, something has been pulling me into pursuing further studies in English. I have a keen interest in the prospect of studying novels, poetry, and a myriad of texts in depth. I pick up a book and the first thing I do is analyze every syllable written down on paper.

The question I wish to ask is this; would I as a mature student(32 years old) be better off studying three a levels next year or would I be better off doing an Access course? For context on this, I never sat a levels when I was 16-18 due to extenuating circumstances that moved against me. So if I were to sit a level three course next year, it would be my first one sat at that level. It may seem ambitious; however, I am considering using one of my five uni options next year to apply for Cambridge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending