Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As much as I liked Naruto when it came out...somewhere along the way...It's kinda lost its appeal like Bleach. One Piece still going strong for me tho.

ReputationRep:
    I've never read the Naruto manga but I've stopped watching the anime since Jan, got kind of bored of it, might get back to it someday :moon:

Haven't watched any anime the last few weeks just haven't been in the mood but started reading Nisekoi a couple of weeks ago from where the anime left off, got quite addicted to it and now I'm up to date It's pretty good up to just past 100 chapters or so then it got a bit hit and miss :/

ReputationRep:
    Finished NGNL! Seems to have been worth my time as it managed to keep me watching at all times.

EDIT: Started Amagi Brilliant Park which wasn't bad, the weekly viewings really kills me though. So carrying on with NGE and Cowboy Bebop.

ReputationRep:
    So Ive watched a bit more of naruto, up to 326....

After that bit of filler I was on some parts have been really good.:teeth: The abilities often seem pretty well developed and balanced well. They have drawbacks and the fact the main character has to put in alot of work to get them. Which is a good thing in a shounen series. :yes:

One of the problems however seems to be the authors bias for overpowered magic eye god power the uchiha pull out of their arse whenever they like.:unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    When is chaika the coffin princess coming out. According to some sources it should have came out two days ago but cnt find it on any anime websites.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Abzey_97)
    When is chaika the coffin princess coming out. According to some sources it should have came out two days ago but cnt find it on any anime websites.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It has been out for a few days, and is up on Crunchyroll (though for paid members only until next week). I'd be surprised if 'other' sites don't have it by now, though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    It has been out for a few days, and is up on Crunchyroll (though for paid members only until next week). I'd be surprised if 'other' sites don't have it by now, though!
    Many thanks. Ill just have to keep searching other websites then!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Trigun's closing theme is delicious.

ReputationRep:
    Dropped Terra Formars this week - censoring is so fecking terrible there is really no point in watching it. Surely there could have been a more elegant way to censor rather than slapping random black circles & bars all over the screen!

Donten ni Warau is on the ropes after ep2 - I desperately want to like it because it is all sorts of my "my kind of thing" but the anime is just so meh.....think I will have to opt for the manga instead.

Gundam G-Reco continues to show all different shades of LOLTomino - this week it was wacky animals interspersed between mobile suit action. Also he felt the need to spell out to us that there is a toilet built into the cockpits......this is information I really could have done without. There is a decent show in there somewhere buried under all the weirdness!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Dropped Terra Formars this week - censoring is so fecking terrible there is really no point in watching it. Surely there could have been a more elegant way to censor rather than slapping random black circles & bars all over the screen!
    I might do the same. Seikon no Qwaser was less censored. :p: Definitely should have been my kind of series, but I guess I can always return to it once the Blurays are out.

ReputationRep:
    Watched the first episode of Grisaia no Kajitsu and it was bizarre/dark as promised. From the one episode it reminds me of Little Busters Refrain

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else here read Hitoshi Ashinano's Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou? I think I'm the only person on earth to know who it is, and this needs to stop. Beautiful art style, great slow pacing, amazing worldbuilding, lovable characters. Just a shame it's only 14 volumes long.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by NineBurgundy)
    Anyone else here read Hitoshi Ashinano's Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou? I think I'm the only person on earth to know who it is, and this needs to stop. Beautiful art style, great slow pacing, amazing worldbuilding, lovable characters. Just a shame it's only 14 volumes long.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yep! It was one of the few series I read scanlated before my 'digital revolution' this year. :p: I watched the anime OVAs first of all, which was enough to interest me in the characters and setting, but the manga was far better.

I would recommend PositionN by the same manga-ka, if you haven't already read it. At only 7 chapters long it obviously doesn't have as much of a chance to build up its world and characters, but it's still lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Which one should I watch/read hunter x hunter or sword art online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshua697)
    Seems more like a question of which should you start first as both as pretty good

Pick either one :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Yep! It was one of the few series I read scanlated before my 'digital revolution' this year. :p: I watched the anime OVAs first of all, which was enough to interest me in the characters and setting, but the manga was far better.

I would recommend PositionN by the same manga-ka, if you haven't already read it. At only 7 chapters long it obviously doesn't have as much of a chance to build up its world and characters, but it's still lovely.
    Thanks! Always great to meet another fan, aha. I'll definitely check out PositionN!

ReputationRep:
    SAO is pretty awful imo, so start HxH first, since it's actually a pretty good series.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I can only comment on their anime adaptations, but I second NineBurgundy. In my opinion, the recent Hunter x Hunter remake was excellent all-round, whereas Sword Art Online's first series went from generic in the first half to obnoxious in the second.

ReputationRep:
    Been enjoying the second season of log horizon so far.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    NARUTO is ending in 5 weeks.

http://shonenjump.viz.com/node/2326
    Really? the whole manga? the final curtain and then its over with Naruto story? I would have never thought that Naruto is over long before One Piece.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.