The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paddy__power
As soon as they happen they have ceased to exist, what exists is the memory of them and their implications if not documented evidence and the former has not been wiped.

Well I thought we were "starting again".In other words, starting from TSR MHoC day 1 which means everything that we have previously done on MHoC doesn't exist, cannot be referred to etc
Original post by Teaddict
Well in that case we can start from 1997 with unprecedented growth thanks to a Tory administration.

I don't think we should be able to bring up past TSR matters as they have been wiped. They no longer exist.

Either they exist or they don't.
You can't say "oh we can pick and choose but only starting from now" because that doesn't make sense, nor is it justified.

So either we refer to past events and comments across the board from any time or we don't refer to them at all.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Either they exist or they don't.
You can't say "oh we can pick and choose but only starting from now" because that doesn't make sense, nor is it justified.

So either we refer to past events and comments across the board from any time or we don't refer to them at all.

You misunderstand.

We can reference real life but not past TSR events.

If we start now we start in 2011 with everything that preceded 2011 being history and stuff we can reference. But TSR Events don't come into that category.
Well I thought we were "starting again".In other words, starting from TSR MHoC day 1 which means everything that we have previously done on MHoC doesn't exist, cannot be referred to etc

No, for a start I'm pretty sure last terms stuff is staying isn't it?

The constitution is remaining how it is.

Parties are.

Starting from day 1 of the HOC would be very weird.

Loads of old members would be here.
Original post by paddy__power
It's H&C and not me that said they liked Rebecca Black :facepalm:

What? Even more members of the Labour Party come out as liking underage girls?

Shocking. :eek:
Reply 325

The reset means that all bills prior to the ones passed in the 12th Parliament (excluding 12th Parliament bills which refer to bills from previous sessions) have been repealed. This doesn't mean that TSR parties are suddenly carbon copies of their real life equivalents.
Original post by Metrobeans
The reset means that all bills prior to the ones passed in the 12th Parliament (excluding 12th Parliament bills which refer to bills from previous sessions) have been repealed. This doesn't mean that TSR parties are suddenly carbon copies of their real life equivalents.

You have missed the point also.

I will try and explain again.

Post reset parties cannot refer to pre-reset parties comments, actions, lies, successes etc because they don't exist.
Original post by Wilzman
What? Even more members of the Labour Party come out as liking underage girls?

Shocking. :eek:

:facepalm:

Post reset parties cannot refer to pre-reset parties comments, actions, lies, successes etc because they don't exist.

Oh dear.

Define exist for a start.
Reply 329

I think you have missed the point. It is not fair to associate the real life positions of the Liberal Democrats with the TSR party. That is true both pre and post reset.
I think you have missed the point. It is not fair to associate the real life positions of the Liberal Democrats with the TSR party. That is true both pre and post reset.

*facepalm* That was a joke... everyone does that.

But that aside, this isn't about the real life parties. My problem is that I don't want TSR Parties referring to what they did in the 11th parliament and previous because that is being reset, wiped, terminated, ended, ceased, exterminated, terminated!

Oh man, so want to rep.

Arguments post-repeal should be based on manifestos, not real-life politics which are based away from this place.

We disagree with the tuition fees rise, don't make it out that we follow the IRL Lib Dems on everything that they do, we don't.
Reply 332

*facepalm* That was a joke... everyone does that.

But that aside, this isn't about the real life parties. My problem is that I don't want TSR Parties referring to what they did in the 11th parliament and previous because that is being reset, wiped, terminated, ended, ceased, exterminated, terminated!

Technically, those laws are still on the statute books. The next Parliament hasn't assembled yet!

Though I get your point and I would be surprised to see if at the next election, parties were still using stuff they'd done from the 11th and earlier, though there is no rule on it.
You misunderstand.

We can reference real life but not past TSR events.

That's what I originally meant. You were referring no doubt to the lies of the Real Lib Dems to which I said perhaps we shouldn't go there unless you want the lies of the other parties brought up. I was talking about the real parties not the TSR parties.

Though I get your point and I would be surprised to see if at the next election, parties were still using stuff they'd done from the 11th and earlier, though there is no rule on it.

Exactly - at least you get it :smile:

I think there should be a rule to prevent it. It would be unfair for the Conservatives, for example, to attack Labour over what happened pre-11th parliament when we have reset.
Help the new generation by charging them £9000 fees when you promised you wouldn't? Shameful.

Nope, and you know it.
The reset means that all bills prior to the ones passed in the 12th Parliament (excluding including 12th Parliament bills which refer to bills from previous sessions) have been repealed. This doesn't mean that TSR parties are suddenly carbon copies of their real life equivalents.

:wink:
Reply 337
Original post by aaran-j
:wink:

Cheers! :colondollar:

Technically, the reset hasn't yet come into effect. It comes into effect after the election, upon the commencement of the 13th TSR Parliament.
Original post by aaran-j
Technically, the reset hasn't yet come into effect. It comes into effect after the election, upon the commencement of the 13th TSR Parliament.

So when the 13th parliament starts, everything that preceded it (12th and previous) didn't happen as that has been wiped.

Latest

Trending

Trending