Turn on thread page Beta

TSR MHoC General Election April 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: TSR MHoC General Election April 2011
    Results hidden until poll closes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    As soon as they happen they have ceased to exist, what exists is the memory of them and their implications if not documented evidence and the former has not been wiped.
    Well I thought we were "starting again".In other words, starting from TSR MHoC day 1 which means everything that we have previously done on MHoC doesn't exist, cannot be referred to etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Well in that case we can start from 1997 with unprecedented growth thanks to a Tory administration.

I don't think we should be able to bring up past TSR matters as they have been wiped. They no longer exist.
    Either they exist or they don't.
    You can't say "oh we can pick and choose but only starting from now" because that doesn't make sense, nor is it justified.

So either we refer to past events and comments across the board from any time or we don't refer to them at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Either they exist or they don't.
    You can't say "oh we can pick and choose but only starting from now" because that doesn't make sense, nor is it justified.

So either we refer to past events and comments across the board from any time or we don't refer to them at all.
    You misunderstand.

We can reference real life but not past TSR events.

If we start now we start in 2011 with everything that preceded 2011 being history and stuff we can reference. But TSR Events don't come into that category.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well I thought we were "starting again".In other words, starting from TSR MHoC day 1 which means everything that we have previously done on MHoC doesn't exist, cannot be referred to etc
    No, for a start I'm pretty sure last terms stuff is staying isn't it?

The constitution is remaining how it is.

Parties are.

Starting from day 1 of the HOC would be very weird.

Loads of old members would be here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    It's H&C and not me that said they liked Rebecca Black :facepalm:
    What? Even more members of the Labour Party come out as liking underage girls?

Shocking. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    The reset means that all bills prior to the ones passed in the 12th Parliament (excluding 12th Parliament bills which refer to bills from previous sessions) have been repealed. This doesn't mean that TSR parties are suddenly carbon copies of their real life equivalents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    The reset means that all bills prior to the ones passed in the 12th Parliament (excluding 12th Parliament bills which refer to bills from previous sessions) have been repealed. This doesn't mean that TSR parties are suddenly carbon copies of their real life equivalents.
    You have missed the point also.

I will try and explain again.

Post reset parties cannot refer to pre-reset parties comments, actions, lies, successes etc because they don't exist.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Wilzman)
    What? Even more members of the Labour Party come out as liking underage girls?

Shocking. :eek:
    :facepalm:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

Post reset parties cannot refer to pre-reset parties comments, actions, lies, successes etc because they don't exist.
    Oh dear.

Define exist for a start.

ReputationRep:

I think you have missed the point. It is not fair to associate the real life positions of the Liberal Democrats with the TSR party. That is true both pre and post reset.

ReputationRep:
    I think you have missed the point. It is not fair to associate the real life positions of the Liberal Democrats with the TSR party. That is true both pre and post reset.
    *facepalm* That was a joke... everyone does that.

But that aside, this isn't about the real life parties. My problem is that I don't want TSR Parties referring to what they did in the 11th parliament and previous because that is being reset, wiped, terminated, ended, ceased, exterminated, terminated!

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, so want to rep.

Arguments post-repeal should be based on manifestos, not real-life politics which are based away from this place.

We disagree with the tuition fees rise, don't make it out that we follow the IRL Lib Dems on everything that they do, we don't.

ReputationRep:
    *facepalm* That was a joke... everyone does that.

But that aside, this isn't about the real life parties. My problem is that I don't want TSR Parties referring to what they did in the 11th parliament and previous because that is being reset, wiped, terminated, ended, ceased, exterminated, terminated!
    Technically, those laws are still on the statute books. The next Parliament hasn't assembled yet!

Though I get your point and I would be surprised to see if at the next election, parties were still using stuff they'd done from the 11th and earlier, though there is no rule on it.

ReputationRep:
    You misunderstand.

We can reference real life but not past TSR events.
    That's what I originally meant. You were referring no doubt to the lies of the Real Lib Dems to which I said perhaps we shouldn't go there unless you want the lies of the other parties brought up. I was talking about the real parties not the TSR parties.

ReputationRep:
    Though I get your point and I would be surprised to see if at the next election, parties were still using stuff they'd done from the 11th and earlier, though there is no rule on it.
    Exactly - at least you get it

I think there should be a rule to prevent it. It would be unfair for the Conservatives, for example, to attack Labour over what happened pre-11th parliament when we have reset.

ReputationRep:
    Help the new generation by charging them £9000 fees when you promised you wouldn't? Shameful.
    Nope, and you know it.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The reset means that all bills prior to the ones passed in the 12th Parliament (excluding including 12th Parliament bills which refer to bills from previous sessions) have been repealed. This doesn't mean that TSR parties are suddenly carbon copies of their real life equivalents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaran-j)
    Cheers!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

Technically, the reset hasn't yet come into effect. It comes into effect after the election, upon the commencement of the 13th TSR Parliament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaran-j)
    Technically, the reset hasn't yet come into effect. It comes into effect after the election, upon the commencement of the 13th TSR Parliament.
    So when the 13th parliament starts, everything that preceded it (12th and previous) didn't happen as that has been wiped.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.