The Student Room Group

POLL: What cup size are you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeccaBee
Actually I've recently had my boobs professionally measured and learnt about measurements and the cup size is determined by the difference in inches between the measurements under the boobs and around the boobs
Cup size measurements go like this:
<1 inch difference gives Cup size A.
1in. more gives Cup size B
2in. more gives Cup size C
3in. more gives Cup size D
4in. more gives Cup size DD
5in. more gives Cup size E
and so on through F, FF and G

... so really if you compared a 30D to a 38D the 30D would look MUCH bigger because they're on a smaller framed girl. So yeah you've got it the wrong way round there, people with a larger band size have bigger chests/rib cages, NOT bigger boobs. So you're wrong in thinking that 32D, 34C and 36B are equal cup volume, a 32D would be a skinny girl with biggish boobs whereas a 36B would be a girl on the larger side with not much boobage.

I know how to measure breast size as you mention, but that doesn't explain the size/volume of breasts in practice.

Go to any shop that sells bras and compare the cup size of a 30D and a 38D. The cups of the 38D will be much larger.

"D cup" alone doesn't tell you much about the actual size/volume of the breasts unless you also know the band size.

D cups aren't all the same size.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cup_size
(edited 13 years ago)
Am I the only one who gets really confused by this? I'm a C, but a lot of people say that they wish they had my boobs because they look huge (mostly because I'm overweight I have to say- but even so!).. and yet some people who seem to be a lot smaller than me claim to be a D or an E cup :\ I think a lot of people wear the wrong size..
Reply 42
34E, wnat them to be smaller.
34DD.
Reply 44
No poll?

Original post by TheSownRose
AA. Hence why I do away with bras - it's like wearing socks when you don't have feet.

Actually, sub-AA. I'd be AA if the back size was 30, but it's 34 and they're not big enough for 34AA.

I'm exactly the same. Not even 34AA. While I'm glad I don't have the back problems associated with huge boobage, it would be nice to have...something there :frown:
Reply 45
Original post by milesofsea
Mmmmmm jelly tots.

Makes me giggle how these threads are always filled with 26ZZ boobs. As if.

Actually this thread goes from AA-J if you look, which is to me expected as some grls have big boobs and some have little boobs. :rolleyes: Also why would someone say they have big boobs if they didn't online? Bit sad really.

Anyway OP, 30G. I like them but buying bras is a right pain. :frown:
Reply 46
Original post by Gemma :)!
Am I the only one who gets really confused by this? I'm a C, but a lot of people say that they wish they had my boobs because they look huge (mostly because I'm overweight I have to say- but even so!).. and yet some people who seem to be a lot smaller than me claim to be a D or an E cup :\ I think a lot of people wear the wrong size..

Backsize counts so much. If you're overweight, I'm guessing you have a larger backsze. Therefore, a 38C is going to look so much bigger than a 30C. It'll look bigger than a 30D. All cupsize measures is the difference between the backsize and the breast, so to get an even comparison you'd have to compare say, a 32C, 32D, 32E etc.

I'm a 30G which is not the same size as a 34G. The 34G would have bigger boobs.
36DD/E. I feel very common :biggrin:
Original post by _Shanice_
I should probably consider getting fitted properly, but don't feel comfortable with the idea of it :frown: pretty silly I know! I assume it wasn't a bad experience though?

Nope, not at all.

Best place to go would be Bravissimo. They definitely know what they're talking about in there! The staff are lovely and professional too.

If you can't get there, have a look at www.investinyourchest.co.uk , it's a website that a friend of mine runs and she did a fitting challenge in all sorts of shops so you can decide which shop to go to to get fitted.

You may be different sizes in different shops. I'm a 36F in Ann Summers but I need a 38E in Marks and Spencers. Definitely try before you buy!
34 DD :cool:
Original post by Charlotteeee<3
I know :frown: I'm 30F and it's a complete nightmare to find my actual size, I dont think La Senza even do them!

If you're above a DD there's no point in going to La Senza or most of the high street stores. Get fitted at Bravissimo, remember your size and then buy an amazing bra from brastop.com- that site saved my life. I was a Bravissimo fan but their bras are pricey and brastop do the same lines for half the price. :smile:
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
Perfect size, IMO.

I'm perfectly happy with it, but I don't think I look like I have particularly big boobs in comparison to my body even though I am fairly thin. I think its because I have relatively broad shoulders (think Jessica Biel) and am tallish (5'7").
Original post by TickTockBoom
I'm perfectly happy with it, but I don't think I look like I have particularly big boobs in comparison to my body even though I am fairly thin. I think its because I have relatively broad shoulders (think Jessica Biel) and am tallish (5'7").

If you've got the face to match, then you must be pretty hot.
Reply 53
Original post by No Future
I know how to measure breast size as you mention, but that doesn't explain the size/volume of breasts in practice.

Go to any shop that sells bras and compare the cup size of a 30D and a 38D. The cups of the 38D will be much larger.

"D cup" alone doesn't tell you much about the actual size/volume of the breasts unless you also know the band size.

D cups aren't all the same size.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cup_size

Yes they'll appear larger cos a D cup on a 38 would be much more spread out, requiring more material as they are on a larger rib cage but 32D boobs would look much more stuck out in front. Obviously a 'bigger boned' (to be politically correct) person's bra is going to be bigger than a smaller framed person's of the same cup size but it doesn't mean their boobs LOOK bigger in relation to the rest of their body.

Yes I agree that you would need to know their band size to figure out what they looked like overall but what you're saying about someone who has a 38B chest looking the same as someone with a 32D chest is completely wrong! A 1 inch difference in band and breast measurement on larger person is not going to look the same as a 3 inch difference in measurements on a smaller person is it?!

Oh and I am a 32D in answer to the original question :smile:
Original post by BeccaBee
Yes they'll appear larger cos a D cup on a 38 would be much more spread out, requiring more material as they are on a larger rib cage but 32D boobs would look much more stuck out in front. Obviously a 'bigger boned' (to be politically correct) person's bra is going to be bigger than a smaller framed person's of the same cup size but it doesn't mean their boobs LOOK bigger in relation to the rest of their body.

Yes I agree that you would need to know their band size to figure out what they looked like overall but what you're saying about someone who has a 38B chest looking the same as someone with a 32D chest is completely wrong! A 1 inch difference in band and breast measurement on larger person is not going to look the same as a 3 inch difference in measurements on a smaller person is it?!

Oh and I am a 32D in answer to the original question :smile:

I am not talking about the size of the person in question or how big the breasts look compared the the body.

I am simply stating a fact that the volume of 38D breasts is larger than the volume of 30D breasts. So the 38D breasts simply are larger, irrespective of how thin/fat the person is.

Therefore saying "D cup" does not actually tell you much about the size of the breasts. There is a lot of breast size difference between 30D and 38D.

A 38B would be much larger than a 30B too.

How bra size looks on a person of various sizes is not what I am talking about. I'm just talking about how big the breasts are, not how they look compared to the body.

The volume of 32D = 34C = 36B.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
If you've got the face to match, then you must be pretty hot.

Haha I wish!
34D :smile: im happy with that!
Original post by TickTockBoom
Haha I wish!

I think youre possibly being modest
32C
34C and love it :P

Quick Reply

Latest