The Student Room Group

Have polls work the same way that they do on showthread 2

Problem Summary
Have polls work the same way that they do on showthread 2

Problem Details
Simple suggestion but have polls work the same way that they did in ST2 where you were old how many people voted for each option and you got to see who voted for what.

Maybe also add the ability for people to restrict how votes people get to use in a poll e.g 5 votes, 2 votes, 1 vote etc

Knowing how many people voted for each option in a poll is also key for volunteer projects such as the community awards, the best UK-PM tournament that I did etc so that votes can be easily counted up as 2 options could say 7% each on the react system but the number of raw votes is actually different e.g 80 votes vs 84 votes.

Device
Mobile

Browser
Brave

Link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2239129 (look at the poll to prove my point).

Additional Information
I preferred the way that they worked in showthread 2 as they provided more detail (on most websites you are told and prior to react on TSR, you are told how many people voted for an option in a poll).

Being able to see who voted for what can be useful in contexts where you only want people to vote for a certain number of options.
The point on why the raw number of votes needs to be shown for each option like is the case for ST2 is not even a reason that I thought of until now.

Heck this is currently used when voting in GYG (person with the most votes in the poll wins when it came to some months), so maybe an even bigger reason to display the raw number of votes for each option (the percentage is too rounded on react compared to ST2. ST2 would show you 7.13% vs 7.26% so even if you didn’t have the raw number of votes you would know which one is higher but on React it’s both shown as 7% and no raw number of votes so it’s hard to tell which side has more votes and how many votes exactly).
Hi. Thanks for the feedback. I've spoken with someone in the product team and we are planning to add the feature to add polls in react in the next 6 months so will look at adding these features in then as well. They would definitely be useful to have back in. Thanks again.
Original post by PurpleAndGreen
Hi. Thanks for the feedback. I've spoken with someone in the product team and we are planning to add the feature to add polls in react in the next 6 months so will look at adding these features in then as well. They would definitely be useful to have back in. Thanks again.

Thank you very much, glad to see that polls will have as much detail as they currently do on ST2.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending