The Student Room Group

Swim costumes that aren't see through?

What's the best swim costume to buy that isn't see through e.g best colour etc? My last one was embarrassing as you could see way too much through it
Reply 1
Black is quite a good colour and if you’re a girl, having built in pads are great haha
Dark and bright colours seem to work best, I've never had this issue and I've had a few different colours (black, navy, bright blue, grey and red). The grey was the closest to being a bit iffy, so I usually avoid lighter colours now.

I also tend to buy good quality "sporty" ones rather than more "fashionable" ones, and I haven't needed to replace them anywhere near as frequently as relatives who prioritise the latter. I like to buy them in store rather than online so I can look for a good quality sturdy-feeling material.

Also make sure you're checking brand size guides and finding a good fit, if something feels like it fits but is stretching in places/ways it isn't designed to then it's more likely to end up looking see-through or wearing through. This can be a particular issue for brands that just work with clothes size rather than actual dimensions (e.g. cup size), so be wary and try things on where you can :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by frxyaxo
Black is quite a good colour and if you’re a girl, having built in pads are great haha

I am indeed a girl
I would go for darker swimsuits such as black, red or blue rather than white or really light colours. You could go for a swimsuit which is padded or lined if you are more conscious about it being see through when wet. I tend to go for the practical and/or sports swimsuits as I find them better, comfier and last longer than the fashion based ones.

Some Japanese girls wear panties under their swimsuits to stop anything being seen, which you could do this if you were really worried.

Quick Reply

Latest