The Student Room Group

UNRELIABLE EDEXCEL MARKERS - My remark went up by 10 MARKS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Magical.Malteaser
Edexcel lost half the Economics papers for people doing their January module (everyone who asked for extra paper). They were awful about it, everyone got marked as getting 0UMS and didn't even tell the school before results day when like 20 people had 0UMS. Still haven't sorted the problem :/.

That is actually disgusting. The oafs at Edexcel should give everyone their predicted grades.
I had one go up by 22 marks. This was on a paper out of 80, so more than 25 percent!
Reply 82
I had the Geography Unit 4 paper from January remarked and went up from a C to an A.
Its ridiculous!
Reply 83
They get paid by piece rate, or paid per paper so they have no incentive to do a good job, it's sad really.
Reply 84
Hopefully this has happened to me. I've missed out on my AAA offer today by getting AAB. the B was in edexcel government and politics, where i got 313/400. i got 80, 94, 83 in my first 3 modules , and in the one i've just got the results for, which i tried really hard for as i was in vain aiming for 97 to get an A*, only so i wouldn't be lazy on the knowledge i only needed 63. Anyway the exam went well, i thought it went better than the previous modules as i'd prepared for it so much, and i've found out today to my great surprise that i got 56ums. So it's been sent off for a priority remark, so i hope it goes up atleast 7 ums or bye bye Bristol (they won't accept me with AAB they said today)
Reply 85
It makes you wonder if that happens with ALL your results!

What's worse is colleges that don't give you marks on your results - so how the hell do you know whther you should get a remark!?
Reply 86
****ing Edexcel! I got my Biology results today, an E overall! My little piece of paper says I got a D for the coursework, when I know for a fact I got an A! My coursework wasn't even moderated! How has the grade gone down so much? I can only pray that they ****ed up the marking of the exams too, because I was getting As in the mock exams. Really disappointed.
I got my AS results today. Nearly all of the OCR english lit students in my year were down as getting a D in their exam?! I want to do english literature at uni, I got 100% in my coursework and 98.3% in my mock exam - there is NO WAY I got a D in that exam! The teachers are sending the whole lot back to be remarked, but it seems so wrong that something like this could happen...
I got my Edexcel-marked Geography AS result back today, and ended up getting 100% :smile: To be frank, it's most likely a mistake. But I'd rather they not remark that one, tyvm...
Reply 89
Is it too late to get remarks for exams I did Summer 2010 and January 2011?
Reply 90
Original post by Alotties
Is it too late to get remarks for exams I did Summer 2010 and January 2011?

Yes it is too late
AQA are completely hopeless too, my English paper went up by 39 marks last year :/
my edexcel AS history paper has gone off for a remark today, i did not sit and twiddle my thumbs all year and deserve an A in that side of the paper, NOT A FREKIN E.
I got a C in History AS today >< Might get it remarked now, I think it was A worthy, or a B at least.
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
I got a C in History AS today >< Might get it remarked now, I think it was A worthy, or a B at least.

exact same, its really hurting since i've been getting straight As all year, good luck x
Reply 95
This just gave me hope for my Edexcel Economics Unit 1 paper, which I need to shift upwards by a mere one point, for an 'A'. :love:
Reply 96
Original post by NapoleonDynamite

Same, was it with OCR? Frustrating when you didn't get below a B in any mock and got an A in January for a "harder" exam.

To be fair, the entire class is getting a remark courtesy of our college so obviously something is up.
Reply 97
i got a C in History AS today too, small world ay. I think you should, I am!
bring on the remarks!
I honestly believe they have to justify the 1 in 4 exams are awarded A kind of thing and so just gave us a random grade, Edexcel look pretty poor apart from maths for everything else, I want to do a remark for Econ and Business studies as I thought i worked hard and did very well in it.

Quick Reply

Latest