The Student Room Group

Urgent!!!! HELPPPPPP

"a level candidates may not take an as level qualification in the same language in the same session

as level candidates may not take the a level qualification in the same language in the same session"

I am planning to take AS and A-level Chinese all at once in the same time in oct/nov this year. I am in my final yr of high school, therefore cannot take it now in two seperate years. And i really need the a levels marks for med school. What should i do?
Where is this from? I'm doing an as level exam in german this summer, and the A2 as well...
Original post by yanb0706
"a level candidates may not take an as level qualification in the same language in the same session

as level candidates may not take the a level qualification in the same language in the same session"

I am planning to take AS and A-level Chinese all at once in the same time in oct/nov this year. I am in my final yr of high school, therefore cannot take it now in two seperate years. And i really need the a levels marks for med school. What should i do?

Is chinese your first/ second language?, I mean if so go for it!
Arabic is my second language, I did my As and A level though all at one year (year 11) and had my As :smile:..

So I personally think you should do it,
Reply 3

The rules seems pretty clear form your post, you could ask your exams officer to check to see if exceptions are allowed.

Do the same rules apply to Edexcel A level language exams. I am pretty sure that you can take all of the Edexcel exams in one sitting but I don't know if they offer AS and A2 in the January exams.
Can you not take AS in May/June and then A2 in November, it may be expensive to enter so late but I think it is still possible (certainly it is for Edexcel)?

If Chinese is considered a first language for you then most Universities in UK would not accept it anyway, don't know about elsewhere. Have you checked that it's OK?

Quick Reply

Latest