What the hell has become of Skegness?! Watch

Lewk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I go to Skegness about 2-3 times a year per year for my whole life because my grandparents live there. I remember when I was a kid I loved it and it was a really nice, fun place to be, were no druggies & chavs in sight etc.

Now... It's a complete **** hole! Scum now infest the streets, the place seems really run down, the beach and fun-fair gets worse every year, I know it still has some nice neighbourhoods, but on the whole it has been on one big downhill journey. :/ I only go there for the sake of seeing my grandma occasionally now and I dread going there.

Anyone else noticed this?

:rip:
emeritus2011
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hastings, Brighton, Margate,Ramsgate,Southend, sounds like most seaside towns unless you go to some quiet town in the scottish highlands lol
Lewk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by emeritus2011)
Hastings, Brighton, Margate,Ramsgate,Southend, sounds like most seaside towns unless you go to some quiet town in the scottish highlands lol
Trust me Skegness is far worse.
I've been to margate, ramsgate & brighton and theyre still nice places, especially brighton. But Skegness is officially a **** hole :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (146)
38.32%
No - but I will (21)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (186)
48.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise