The Student Room Group

Is Karma a real thing? I have been backstabbed by a friend praying my downfall at the age of 15. I am a girl, and I don't want to waste energy exposing or seeking revenge. She has been spreading rumours about me and made me feel miserable by inducing a confrontation. Will Karma actually hit or should I do something back?? Don't want to get disoriented before GCSEs though.
karma is real. I dont call it karma but what comes around, goes around
Well it's demonstrably untrue that everything someone does to others they experience themselves, there are loads of examples of ''evil'' people in the world and throughout history who didn't get any kind of comeuppance while they were alive. Now, you may argue that they will experience the consequences of their actions in other lifetimes and that could be true, but when millennials and Gen Z and stuff say that karma is coming for someone they usually mean in this same lifetime, but unfortunately the evidence shows otherwise. It may happen to some people but it doesn't happen to loads of others, it's not some universal law that always metes out cause and effect in the same lifetime.

That aside, I think the healthiest thing to do is forget her and move on, you're draining your own energy by thinking all the time about how to get her back or whether karma is going to slit her throat....she's squatting rent free in your mental penthouse and in today's housing market that's really not a good look. The best thing to do is focus on your GCSE revision, smash those exams and savour the success those results will yield for the next stage of your life. That's the best kind of ''revenge'' you can get: not allowing yourself to faint by breathing in her toxic fumes, but rather flinging open the window and breathing in a huge gulp of fresh air. If she continues behaving like that she's going to grow up to be someone who nobody likes. Just stay focused on yourself and cultivate the best, kindest version that you can be. Good luck!
This was the same thought i had (i still think about it sometimes)

I was picked on since primary, and in secondary the whole of my year since year 8 hated me and 10+ girls threatened to jump me (all because i started to hangout with another girl) but i see that they're living their best lives, even better than me.

The only thing you can do is either let it break you or make you stronger, forgive yourself and become the best version of yourself, whatever goal you have REACH IT!!

Like Beyonce said: The best revenge is your paper :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
Is Karma a real thing? I have been backstabbed by a friend praying my downfall at the age of 15. I am a girl, and I don't want to waste energy exposing or seeking revenge. She has been spreading rumours about me and made me feel miserable by inducing a confrontation. Will Karma actually hit or should I do something back?? Don't want to get disoriented before GCSEs though.

Karma is a very real thing.
It might strike today. It might strike tomorrow. Or it might day after. Or it might later. But it will certainly strike. Believe me.
I have been facing hell in my school, or hell of sorts. My nemesis spread around crap about me, told everyone my deepest darkest secret, even though we were at peace. And because of that, not many talk with me anymore.

I do not know what is going on with her life. But I know for certain that I am rebuilding mine.

Karma will do justice. Believe me.

Stay strong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending