The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Sociology Unit 4 20th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by veggie91
I think Unit 3 went quite well. I done terribly in January (only revised for a few hours as was pretty sick!) and got 63 - B. So guranteed that but re-sat on Thursday and felt it went well.

But lets say I stick with 63/80 worst case scenario for Unit 3. How many actual marks would I need to obtain on the Unit 4 paper? i.e. literal marks, not UMS.

Thank you so much for your help btw :smile:

ok if you add 190+63 = 253 (SAME UMS AS ME :wink: haha) and then you need 320...

so 320-253= 67.

so you need 67/120...

which according to http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/ums_converter_a2.php?id=04 was
38/80 in january 2011!

wait... is the paper out of 80 or 90?
(edited 12 years ago)
You know the 33marker, when you say social policy, you have to apply it to something, such as crime, education, family or religion. But does it have to specifically ONE thing, or can it be a range of things, so, social policies on BOTH religion and crime for example..... HEEEELP :tongue:
Oh no! I wasnt planning on revising Marxism as a 33 marker. Hope it doesnt come up
How do you evaluate the globalisation + green crime section in crime and deviance?! I swear it is all just description, I have about 5 points of evaluation and the rest of the stuff in my book (which is usually amazing) is just a load of ramble :eek:
Original post by Rachel_Leah
How do you evaluate the globalization + green crime section in crime and deviance?! I swear it is all just description, I have about 5 points of evaluation and the rest of the stuff in my book (which is usually amazing) is just a load of ramble :eek:

I swear i just thought the same thing when i read through my set of notes!!
ALL is description, so i have no idea where you would gain the 16 evaluation marks...
Apart from maybe bringing in the perspectives, such as Marxists and corporate crime or funtionalists and the function ALL crime has for society??
Reply 585
Original post by ashleighwhitehouse
ok if you add 190+63 = 253 (SAME UMS AS ME :wink: haha) and then you need 320...

so 320-253= 67.

so you need 67/120...

which according to http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/ums_converter_a2.php?id=04 was
38/80 in january 2011!

wait... is the paper out of 80 or 90?

90 *i think*. So probably about 48? I'm useless with working this out :redface:
Reply 586
Original post by Rachel_Leah
How do you evaluate the globalisation + green crime section in crime and deviance?! I swear it is all just description, I have about 5 points of evaluation and the rest of the stuff in my book (which is usually amazing) is just a load of ramble :eek:

would you be able to link it to postmodernism since that kinda talks about globalisation?? might be able to evaluation from there?? :s-smilie:
Reply 587
We don't have books just printed out presentations and all my notes on green crime/globalisation is just random examples...not overly helpful.

Also we haven't been taught all this symbolic interactionalism...FML!
Original post by Daniel123
Oh no! I wasnt planning on revising Marxism as a 33 marker. Hope it doesnt come up

Marxism isn't to bad I wouldn't mind it :smile: It's quite easy to remember and predictable you can literally just guess what they say :tongue:
Reply 589
Original post by Jordenfruitbat
Marxism isn't to bad I wouldn't mind it :smile: It's quite easy to remember and predictable you can literally just guess what they say :tongue:

its just that everyone is exploited
il cry if there is a social policy question.. not a clue. I know pretty much all the rest..but don't even know where to start on that..
Reply 591
remember this paper has more marks for A02!!
what questions are we meant to evaluate?
Reply 593
Could someone do a quick summary of feminist theories of crime? It's the only thing in the spec I've no notes on apart from in relation gender and crime.
Original post by Lightman123
il cry if there is a social policy question.. not a clue. I know pretty much all the rest..but don't even know where to start on that..

I feel you there, I have a sick feeling in my stomach that there will be though I am gonna go over it tommorrow :frown: My problem is that if I learn something new I forget some old stuff my brain can't carry all the content needed for this exam :tongue:
Original post by veggie91
90 *i think*. So probably about 48? I'm useless with working this out :redface:

noooooo its 38/90 then!!! :biggrin:
I feel you there, I have a sick feeling in my stomach that there will be though I am gonna go over it tommorrow :frown: My problem is that if I learn something new I forget some old stuff my brain can't carry all the content needed for this exam :tongue:

agreed! ughhhh so stressful... how are you feeling about the exam?
Original post by ashleighwhitehouse
agreed! ughhhh so stressful... how are you feeling about the exam?

Terrified :frown: I need to do well because for my offer I need a good grade in sociology, and this exam really is ridiculous, I have never been so scared about an exam in my life :tongue: I can't wait til its over with let's hope we get good questions eh? :smile:
Terrified :frown: I need to do well because for my offer I need a good grade in sociology, and this exam really is ridiculous, I have never been so scared about an exam in my life :tongue: I can't wait til its over with let's hope we get good questions eh? :smile:

after this exam is over got 1 more left :smile:

i'm the same! and i only started revision yesterday, i need to sort my life out haha! i need an A :'( what uni are you hoping to go to? :biggrin:

Original post by Daniel123
after this exam is over got 1 more left :smile:

it's my last exam!!! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending