The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 1 June 2011 Discussion.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by The Polar Dude
I liked the paper overall
MCQ was OK but unit - MCQ is never easy for me
I got +77 but everyone else in my class got -77 :frown: and u think they're as I saw the book
I think I messed up on the Q about making the salt as it was hydrated :frown: but at least the paper was better than Jan :smile:

I strongly believe that jan paper was more straightforward than this, some of MCQ was very confusing and also energetics question was a pain in the ***.

Those two things can make any paper look awful.
Reply 81
Did you guys get for the question exothermic reduces temperature?? For another question i got 750 and for the atomisation i wrote 296 are these 100% correct?
Reply 82
Original post by 5araol
I strongly believe that jan paper was more straightforward than this, some of MCQ was very confusing and also energetics question was a pain in the ***.

Those two things can make any paper look awful.

Yep, well, at least it's not the Unit 4 paper on Jan. THAT was awful.
Reply 83
Did you guys get a theoretical yield of 1.52g?
Reply 84
Original post by 5 star
Did you guys get for the question exothermic reduces temperature?? For another question i got 750 and for the atomisation i wrote 296 are these 100% correct?

The last two you said were right, but the exothermic is the wrong way round. As it is exothermic, the temperature AROUND it increases (of the surroundings).
Reply 85
Did you say put them in fume cupboards and where it said for covalent did you chose d???
Reply 86
Did you put 1.74???? For the ppm did you chose b where it said 0.00734? I think
Reply 87
What did everyone get for the first MC question it had 4 parts, everyone i know had a,b,c,d once each but I had 2 B's and no A's.

What did you guys get?
Reply 88
Fume cupboard= right.
for 1.74, I can't remember if it was that of 17.4, I just can't remember.
For the ppm, I think it was much smaller.
And, for the covalent...which one do you mean? =S
Reply 89
Original post by chplay1
What did everyone get for the first MC question it had 4 parts, everyone i know had a,b,c,d once each but I had 2 B's and no A's.

What did you guys get?

c, B, d, A
Reply 90
Original post by 5 star
Did you put 1.74???? For the ppm did you chose b where it said 0.00734? I think

Yer thats what i did!!!!
Reply 91
Mean where it said concentrated between the nuclei and something ?? It was something like that!! By the way it was b right i think for the ppm??
Original post by chplay1

What did you guys get?

I'm pretty sure it was one of the answer twice asking what has a high melting temperature and has a stable electric configuration. It was of the neon element.
Reply 93
noo actually the neon should have been the stable electric configuration and the group 4 should have high melting temperatures because carbon has a higher melting temperature
Reply 94
Original post by Red_Dragon123
I'm pretty sure it was one of the answer twice asking what has a high melting temperature and has a stable electric configuration. It was of the neon element.

I got the one in grp 4 (think it was silicon) for the high melting point - non metal, same as you for neon, the one in the d block was B (cobalt) and i also got this for the metal with a high melting point.
Reply 95
What did you guys get for the percentage yield of Multiple choice question (something about ethanol or ethene i think)? 95%?
Reply 96
All year I've been failing chemistry and they give me an exam like this, I think I got a B perhaps, wasn't too hard just got thrown off, what are people thinking for grade boundaries? High low? Hope unit 2 is ok, I'm dreading group 2 and 7
Reply 97
hey guys for the ppm dide you chose B and for the concentration thing did you chose 1.74??
Wat abt the last question abt metals??? i totally froze up on dat n i couldnt remember anything (this usually happens to me in the afternoon exams, i dont noe why i just make more silly mistakes on them :frown: )
Original post by Alakamind
I got C for that mcq, what did you get?

Yeah, I put C as well. More of a guess than anything because it was S8 before, then S after.

How did you find the paper overall?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending