The Student Room Group
Reply 1
completely unrelated but apparently i have a red gem which means i have bad rep, whats al that about?
Reply 2
Somebody neg repped you, go to user CP and whoever did it might have left a message.
Reply 3
lessthanthree

you'll get slated at AVS. teehee.

why?
Reply 4
what is avs?
Reply 5
ahh, u finally found out about rep.
well u'll notice that i pos reped u :smile:
bristols wicked- its such a nice city and the people i know on the vert course there have been saying how much fun it is but it also has a really good reputation academic wise!
Reply 7
lessthanthree
Association of veterinary students weekend. Basically where every vetstudent in the UK is invited to descend upon and trash a city. AMAZING.

wow, sounds incredible! so hows the city chosen? is it fixed or different each year?
Reply 8
I aint a vet (so no sheep semen drinking initiations for me), but Bristol is a great place! I think the vets mob came round to Bristol in my first year -2001 as we had a bunch staying down our corridor.
Reply 9
brabzzz
(so no sheep semen drinking initiations for me)

initiations? i thought it was an aperitif for vet students! :wink:
Reply 10
mawi99102
just wanted to know what everyone thoughtof bristol, both the vet fac and the city?

Bristol is amazing, night life is excellent, espesh the waterfront and oceana. People fab also, and the vet fac is really nice - you should def think of applying

the initiation photos however :s-smilie:
Bristol is fantastic- the vet faculty is very friendly and the teaching is good. We seem to dissect more species for ourselves than other vet schools (from what I've heard), which is useful. Every Thursday (in 1st year anyway) is spent at Langford, playing about with animals and doing Animal Management lectures. There's lots of opportunities for animal handling practice and the lecturers (especially in anatomy) are very good at including clinical information, so that you see the relevance of what you are learning.

Obviously, I only have experience of Bristol vet school, but I just loved it as soon as I visited it. The city is awesome too, lots to do and it's nice that it's not a campus (in my opinion).

If you've any more questions, feel free to PM me.

Latest

Trending

Trending