The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

What's the vibe like at Bristol or Birmingham

I really liked Exeter but it scares me because of its crazy right-wing reputation. What's Bristol or Birmingham like (outside of political environment) best way to describe it is in terms of vibes I guess
I've applied (early) for Bristol and Birmingham but not Exeter same reason. Have visited both and they're very good places. Birmingham has a very impressive campus which is a 7 min train ride from New Street or 30 min walk along a nice canal, hospital and amenities all there, and lots of shops and supermarkets (Aldi, Tesco) are a short walk away I believe. Whole campus is very walkable. Bristol is more of a city university, comparable to Oxford which is my first choice, and it's very quirky. The actual main buildings are relatively close together but with parks etc in between. Both Bristol and Birmingham felt to me like young cities, very diverse and good places to be.

Can't speak for actually going to these places, but I have teachers who went to both and enjoyed the experience. The one who went to Birmingham said he loved it because it wasn't the most out-there choice but offered (and offers) a really good education. I'm avoiding Exeter like the plague, especially as in my position as a bursary student at private school it would basically be a transplantation of the right wing elitism that I have already seen a lot of :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Go to Birmingham.

Bristol is full of posh kids from London who didnt get into Oxbridge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending